The King of Fighters '98 UMFE/FAQ
This FAQ will be focused on KOF 98 UMFE but will also contain some links and resources for 98UM and vanilla 98 as well.
How do I play this online?
- 98UMFE is only available on Steam.
- 98UM can be played online on Xbox 360 and Xbox One via backwards compatibility.
- 98 is playable online via Fightcade 2 and RedGGPO with rollback netcode.
What are the differences between KOF 98 and 98UM?
What are the differences between KOF 98UM and 98UMFE?
The changes between these 2 versions aren't as drastic as the former. For a full list, please see the changelist page.
What characters are the easiest to learn?
What's the tier list?
How do you use the training mode recording function?
The recording function can be found in the training mode menu under the name Command.
Both P1 and P2 have separate recording slots, which means that if you want to record something with the dummy you need to record it using P2s controls. In order to access P2 in training mode, follow these steps:
- Put the control setting to player
- Go into the menu and the command tab using P2s controls
- Choose the record option
- Press select to start the recording and go at it
In order to save the replay you simply hit the start button to go back to the menu after you're done recording. Then, select the Exit option to save the recording. There are 2 options to play back the recording:
- Assign a button to the command option for P2 in the button settings. Each time you press this button, the recording will play.
- Set the control setting to CPU and choose the command option in the attack setting. Then, the dummy will automatically do the recording repeatedly.