The King of Fighters '98 UMFE/Orochi Yashiro
Orochi Yashiro is a grappler with a set of great long range normals, especially st.B and j.D. These let him control space and lock the opponents movement down so he can go in and start his mixups. Once in he has access to multiple mixup options like lows, an overhead and 3 command grabs. The most powerful of them is his hcf+P which has invincible startup and he has multiple setups and mixup options out of it. His weaknesses include a lack of safe specials to cancel into, a lack of a dedicated anti jump tool and a lack of meterless far range options.
- cl. A: whiffs on regular height crouchers. Chainable. Cancelable.
- cl. B: not very useful as it has a short activation range. Chainable. Cancelable.
- cl. C: good as a close up anti air to catch jumps. Good combo normal. whiffs on tiny crouchers. Cancelable.
- cl. D: hits low. another good combo button. Cancelable.
- st. A: good long ranged poke for checking. Chainable. Cancelable.
- st. B: great long ranged poke. good for stopping hops and forwards movement. Not chainable. Not Cancelable.
- st. C: fairly slow and doesn't reach very far. Very good hitbox. Cancelable on whiff and contact.
- st. D: slow move with a lot of recovery. Can work as an anti air if done early enough. Not cancelable.
- cr. A: great long ranged cr.A good for comboing and blockstrings. Good to tick throw(hcf+P) with. Chainable. Cancelable.
- cr. B: long ranged and fairly fast cr.B. One of his main low combo and blockstring starters. Chainable. Not cancelable.
- cr. C: great anti air as it comes out fast and has a lot of priority. Also great as a grounded poke for the same reasons. Cancelable.
- cr. D: a fairly slow sweep with long range and great priority. Cancelable on whiff and contact.
- j. A: a great jumping normal due to it's nice priority. Can work as a jumpin or as an air to air.
- j. B: good air to air normal. hits quite high up.
- j. C: good jumpin normal. can crossup.
- j. D: great air to air normal. whiffs on crouchers.
- st. CD: moves forward. good priority. Cancelable on whiff and contact.
- j. CD: Great air to air normal when the opponent is higher up.
Baku: (close) b/f + C
- Regular throw, techable. Yashiro punches the opponent in the stomach sending them full screen away with a soft knockdown.
Beki: (close) b/f + D
- Regular throw, techable. Yashiro picks the opponent up and slams them behind them sending them full screen away with a backturned hard knockdown.
Saku: f + A
- overhead when done raw, loses that property when cancelled into but becomes cancelable instead.
- good to use in combos.
- good anti mash move when cancelled from cr.A.
- Can otg so if this hits raw you can do another one for extra damage.
- Causes a hard knockdown.
Bu: f + B
- this move is the same whether cancelled into or done raw.
- good to use in combos as it's cancelable.
- Does more damage than f+A
Niragu Daichi: (close) hcf + A/C
- slower startup command grab with invincible startup.
- on a successful grab it launches the opponent high up into the air putting them in a juggleable state. If you let them fall to the ground they will take damage and be put into a hard knockdown state.
- This move is the basis for Orochi Yashiros setups and resets making it his most dangerous mixup tool.
- Can be used to go through guard cancel CDs or counter moves.
Musebu Daichi: (close) hcb, f + A/C
- 1f command grab that slams the opponent to the ground repeteadly and leaves them in a backturned hard knockdown state.
- good mixup tool due to it's speed and also your main meterless combo ender.
- very punishable on whiff.
Odoru Daichi: hcf + B/D
- a forwards moving command grab.
- has low invincibility during the majority of the startup frames but not at the beginning.
- risky move to use due to it's long startup speed.
- D version can be used as a tick throw when cancelled from light normals.
- good to buffer when poking with cr.C.
Kujiki Daichi: qcb + A/C
- a jumping command grab.
- on hit it sideswitches O.Yashiro and gives him enough time to connect a cl.C/D into a full combo.
- Very risky move due to its large amount of startup frames and how telegraphed the jumping part is.
- can be beaten by an anti airs or by jumping/hopping.
- newer players will get hit a lot by this but good opponents will punish it pretty much every time due to how much time there is to react to it.
Ankoku Jigoku Gokuraku Otoshi: (close) hcb, hcb + A/C
- a 1f command grab.
- deals good damage.
- his best and only super for finishing combos with.
- can be used as a reversal.
- causes hard knockdown.
- Max version does more damage.
Araburu Daichi: (close) qcf, qcf + B/D
- a super version of his jumping command grab.
- it's faster and goes further than the regular version of his jumping grab.
- good for jumping over and punishing fireballs on reads.
- it still has the problem of his regular jumping command grab as this super has a superflash that can let the opponent react to it easier when done in neutral.
- Max version does more damage.
- Causes a backturned hard knockdown.
Hoeru Diachi: (close) qcf, qcf + A/C
- a long ranged projectile punch that goes full screen.
- can be charged up by holding the button down to increase the power of the move.
- when fully charged it becomes unblockable.
- has a blindspot where his arm is.
- causes soft knockdown.
- cr.B st.A hcb,f+P
- a fairly tight cr.B combo but it's the best he has access to meterless.
- (j.X) cl.D f+B hcb,f+P/hcbx2+P
- his main combo from heavy normals or jumpins, you can also do it after a qcb+P