The King of Fighters 2002 UM/Leona Heidern
Super Desperation Moves
cr.B×1~2, cr.A, d~u+C = 21~24%
(optional cross-up), cl.D(1), rdp+K, cr.C, d~u+C = 30%
(jump-in), cl.D(1), rdp+K, cl.C, f+B, air qcb+A = 33%
(jump-in), cr.C, f+B, air qcf hcb+C = 37%
(optional cross-up), cl.D(1), rdp+K, cl.C, f+B, air qcf hcb+C = 45%
cr.Bx2~3, d~u+BC, (C) b~f+D > f+D(3) (SC) air qcf hcb+P = 50%
cr.Bx2~3, d~u+BC, (C) b~f+D > f+D(3) (SC) air qcf hcb+AC = 62%
- cl.A/B/C/D are cancel-able
- cl.C does 2 hits, both cancelable
- cl.D does 2 hits, both cancelable
- st.A has decent range and good speed
- st.B has good range and good speed
- st.C has good reach, moves Leona forward, but comes out a little slow
- st.D comes out fast, great reach, and moves Leona forward
- cr.A/B/C are cancel-able
- cr.A can combo into itself, comes out fast, has decent range
- cr.B can combo into itself, comes out fast, has great reach, and is Leona's best poking tool
- cr.C has decent speed, high vertical hitbox but small horizontal, and is one of Leona's anti-air attacks
- cr. D good speed, standard sweep attack
- j.C cross-up tool
- Ground Blowback attack moves Leona forward but comes out slow.
- Jumping blowback attack is fast, good reach, and can follow up if its a counter hit
Leona Crush - (b/f + C)
- Leona punches through the opponents chest and rips her hand out.
- Can be broken
- Regular knockdown
Ordeal Buckler - (b/f + D)
- Leona grabs her foe by their head and looks behind herself then hurls them in the opposite direction.
- Can be broken
- Reverse knockdown
Heidern Inferno - (b/d/f + C/D) in air
- Leona grabs the opponent in mid-air with her feet then kicks them to the ground.
- Can't be broken
- Regular knockdown
Strike Arch - (f + B)
- Leona does a spinning heel kick. Strike Arch is Leonas only command attack and it happens to be all that she needs since it proves to be a all purpose attack.
- Strike Arch has decent speed which makes it a very good overhead and primary tool when doing mix-ups, in addition it is a hard knockdown preventing opponents to tech roll.
- Strike arch can combo into Leona's X-Caliber and her V-Slasher SDM.
- Also when Leona is performing Strike Arch she is airbourne and cannot be regular/command grab unless from a air grab (Daimon and Clark).
Moon Slasher - (charge d~u + A/C)
- Leona does a circular slash motion swiftly creating a blue flash.
- Moon slasher hitbox is completely covers her body which allows Leona to stop any type of cross-up attempts.
- Moon Slasher comes out very fast and its C version moves her forward and has a higher vertical hitbox making it a really good anti-air to prevent any jump-in attempts, but it comes out a little slower than her A version, her A version is her fastest attack that works very well to stop short/bunny hop pressure in its tracks.
Voltaic Launcher - (charge b~f + A/C)
- Leona streches her arms to create a energy blade ball (C version leona jumps toward the foe with the blade ball being manipulated).
- Voltaic Launcher is useful in keeping the opponent at a distance. If the ball hits the opponent you can follow up with Revolver spark when mid screen, if the you manage connect the VL when the foe is in the corner you can follow up with ANY attack other than another VL.
X-Caliber - (qcb + A/C) in air
- Leona makes a cross motion with her arms creating a blade.
- X-Caliber is a projectile but does not have much use outside of a follow up combo from her Strike arch.
- It can be used as a tool to build meter safely however.
Grand Saber - charge b~f + B/D
- Leona dashes toward the foe and performs a half crescent slash. Grand saber can go under some projectiles and if she connects while the foe is near the corner, Leona can follow up with a special attack, DM, or SDM.
┗Gliding Buster - f + B/D after D version only
- Leona follows up with a backflip slash attack. Gliding buster is a tri pronged attack and moves leona forward through the air. It is also super cancel-able so it can be followed up with a V-Slasher.
Earring Explosive - (qcb + B/D)
- Leona takes a earring out of her ear and toss it towards the opponent. This is a unique projectile.
- When the earring is airbourne it has a mid hit detection and when it begins to bounce on the ground it is a low hit detection.
- In addition, Leona can follow up with grand saber making it a very deadly projectile.
Heart Attack - (rdp + B/D close)
- Leona takes a earring explosive and sticks it to the foe flashing its coming detonation (7 flashes).
- This special move is very unique. when embedded into the foe it becomes an unblockable explosion.
- In addition when performed in a combo string it can can reset your combo allowing you to perform another combo. (NOTE: The explosion can be avoided if the opponent rolls or if you or the opponent does a regular throw.
┗Explode - rdp + B/D
- Leona detonates the earring early.
V-Slasher - (qcf hcb + A/C) in air
- Leona cuts through the opponent creating a V.
- V-Slasher is Leona's most reliable DM.
- When doing a combo string that involve Strike arch, Leona is considered airbourne which allows you to freely link V-Slasher.
- This DM is best utilized in combos, when you can predict a projectile, and in a air-to-air situation.
Rebel Spark - (qcb hcf + B/D)
- Leona dashes toward the opponent and pierce them with a already active earring then steps back and detonates it.
- Rebel spark is a standard running DM.
- Rebel Spark can link after most of Leona's special attacks.
Grateful Dead - (qcf x 2 + A/C)
- Leona vaults toward the opponent and places her hand on the opponent's head and drains their energy.
- Grateful Dead is a hit grab Leona has ways to combo into.
- This attack can also grab an opponent out of the air.
Awakening - (u,d,u,d,u,d + BD)
- Leona screams as her Orochi blood suddenly takes control of her mind. The install lasts 11f and is fully invincible.
- Due to Leona's feral disposition her stance changes, she becomes significantly faster, gains an SDM and her jump arc is altered as well. Leona can super jump full screen swiftly making it difficult for a character that zones/plays keep away but to activate this mode will cost Leona 50% of her health so its best to utilize this mode when she is near her limit.
- She transforms and loses 50% of her hp only if the move isn't interrupted
- Fastest walk, run, and jumps in the game.
Super Desperation Moves
V-Slasher - (qcf hcb + AC) in air
- Leona perform the same motion as her DM version. V-Slasher SDM version is significantly faster than her DM version and does more damage.
Rebel Spark - (qcb hcf + BD)
- Leona runs on all four's toward the foe and penetrates them with a explosive and then backs up and let out a feral scream as the earring ignites then explodes.
- Riot of Blood's Rebal spark is similar to the original version in every way except the difference in damage output which is more in her mode.
- Riot of Blood mode only
Hidden Super Desperation Move
Dead End Inferno - (qcf hcb + BD)
- Leona runs toward the opponent slashing them then kicking them into the air where she then crushes them into the wall and finally Leona turns into her Riot of Blood Mode. *If Leona is already in her mode she crushes the foe into the wall twice then returns to normal.
- Dead End Inferno can be comboed into and unlike her quick activation it will not consume 50% of Leona's health.
- Transforms her into Riot of Blood mode, if she's already transformed she'll revert back to normal
Reminder that old KoF hit counter is a bit dumb, it'll always reset after grabs and "hits that don't do damage" like rdp+K. To practice the links after rdp+K put counter on in the training menu and if the counter prop pops more than once then you did drop the link, if it doesn't you're fine.
cl.C's 2nd hit whiffs on Bao and crouching (Andy, Joe, Benimaru, Iori, Mature, Vice, Kensou, Yuri, Yashiro, Chris, Kim, Kula, Jhun, Terry, Ralf, Clark, Ryo, Takuma, Shermie, May Lee, Daimon). It doesn't whiff on Ex Takuma, the other Ex chars behave the same as their regular form. Use cl.D against these to keep the 2 hits or use cr.C for more damage.
- Main bnb, simple and reliable. Remove one cr.B if not point-blank, like after a jump-in though using cr.C instead after a jump-in is preferred if you can confirm it.
- cr.B, cr.A, d~u+A
- Less range but much safer on block than the previous route. Use it point-blank if you aren't confident in your hitconfirm or your cr.B, cr.A chain. Remove cr.B if not point-blank.
- cl.D(1), rdp+K, cr.B×1~2, cr.A, d~u+C
- Extension of the main bnb if you can land a cl.D in a scramble or as a punish. rdp+K is minus on block but the pushback can make it awkward to punish without proper labbing. rdp+K to cr.B is an 11f link.
- Shorter and more damaging version. On the absolute extreme tip of cl.D(1), the cancelable part of cr.C will miss making it unsafe on hit, minor issue. rdp+K to cr.C is an 11f link.
- cl.D(1), rdp+K, cl.D(2), f+B, air qcb+A
- Good corner route. rdp+K to cl.D is an 8f link.
- More damaging version, default to this one. On the absolute extreme tip of cl.D(1), you can stick to cl.C(1) or just walk up before doing cl.C(2) to keep full damage. rdp+K to cl.C is a 7f link.
★ cr.C, f+B, air qcf hcb+C
- Nice and simple 1 bar. Default to this in a scramble, a tight punish or after a jump-in. Stop at f+B on block to be mostly safe.
★ cl.D(1), rdp+K, cl.C, f+B, air qcf hcb+C
- Great 1 bar extension, easy, damaging, and doubles as set-play with the bomb on the opponent about to explode and them having very small chances to stop it if you just super jump away.
You can always use cl.C(2) instead of the cr.C before a max run for more damage but harder max run. Note that you can't do cl.C(2), BC run, cl.C(2) but only cl.C(2), BC run, cr.C instead
- You'd do it as cr.Bx2~3, qcb, ub+BC, (SC) qcf+K but it's very finicky. 40%.
- You need to do it exactly this way to get the explosion within the combo, thus the best damage. The best not being much, 53%.
- Decent damage but not much of a confirm so best after a jump-in. You can add a cl.D(1) after rdp+K. Do the charge cancel as db, ub+C, (C) f+D(3). 54%.
- Much harder but getting the explosion within the combo makes this much more damaging. You can use cl.D(2) instead of cr.C to get 2 hits to confirm into the max run but you'll then need a longer run. 71%.
- cr.Bx2~3, d~u+BC (SC) qcfx2+P
- You'd do it as cr.Bx2~3, qcf, uf+BC (SC) qcf+P but it's utterly useless so don't.
- Only reliable low max conversion. Charge d or db during the chain then ub+BC, (C) f+D(3). 50%.
- Excellent damage but not much of a confirm so best after a jump-in. Do the charge cancel as db, ub+C, (C) f+D(3). 70%.
- Much harder, a bit more damage but mostly a better confirm. You can use cr.C instead of cl.C(2) if you find it easier, it's the same damage. 74%.
- Nice and simple 3 bar. Pretty meh damage so default to this only if you don't want to risk max. Stop at f+B on block to be mostly safe. 48%.
- A decent way to combo into HDSM, transforming you into O.Leona for the rest of the match. Classic recipe of a Leona comeback. 64%
- Great 3 bar extension, easy and damaging. On the absolute extreme tip of cl.D(1), you can stick to cl.C(1) or just walk up before doing cl.C(2) to keep full damage. Doesn't work on crouching Bao midscreen. rdp+K to cl.C is a 7f link. 67%.
No problem with this combo in the corner but if the opponent is crouching midscreen, only cl.D(1), f+B, air qcf hcb+AC is guaranteed to connect on everyone ... except crouching Bao, naturally. If you try something else, the SDM could whiff, 3 bars lost and you're left open for a punish.
- The crouchers you can use cl.D(2), cl.C(1) and cr.C on are :
Maxima, Hinako, Daimon, Whip, Foxy, Beni, Joe, Athena, Kensou, Vanessa, Leona, Yashiro, Shermie, Kula, Foxy, Kim, Choi, Jhun, Yama, Mary, Heidern, Takuma, May Lee, King, Kasumi
- The crouchers you can use everything on, cl.C(2) included, are :
Chang, Robert, Seth, Ramon, Lin, Billy, Ex Takuma, Chin, Xiangfei, Mai
- Excellent damage but not much of a confirm so best after a jump-in. You have to do everything very fast or you'll lose the extra damage from Explode. Do the charge cancel as db, ub+C, (C) f+D(3). 76%.
- cl.D(1), rdp+K, cr.C, BC run, cl.D(1), d~u+C, (C) b~f+D > f+D(3) (SC) air qcf hcb+AC
- Does less than the 2 bar version because the explosion is lost, use the DM instead of the SDM. 70%.
- cl.D(1), rdp+K, cl.D(1), (u,d)x3+BD, cr.C, qcf hcb+BD
- Do the install as rdp+K, (u,d)x2, cl.D, u,d+BD and the cancel as qcf, cr.C, qcb+BD. Install into cr.C is a 5f link, you can replace cr.C by cl.C for damage or cl.D for an easier cancel but then it becomes respectively a 1 or a 2f link. Don't use this, it just looks cool. 70%.
- Orochi mode, cr.Bx2~3, d~u+BC (SC) qcb hcf+BD
- You'd do it as cr.Bx2~3, qcb, ub+BC(1), (SC) qcf+BD. Does barely more than the 2 bar, don't use this. 52%.
- Only reliable low max conversion. Charge d or db during the chain then ub+BC, (C) f+D(3). 61%.
Discuss at 02UM Discord server
Discuss at Dream Cancel