The King of Fighters 2002 UM/Shingo Yabuki
cr.Bx1~2, qcf+A / hcb+B = 12%-15%
(jump-in), cl.C, f+B, hcb+B / hcf+B = 27%
cr.B, cr.B/cl.B, qcb hcf+P = 32%
(jump-in), cl.C, f+B, qcfx2+C, tap P, rdp+B = 47%
cr.B, cr.B/cl.B, hcb+B(1) (SC) qcb hcf+P = 40%
(jump-in), cl.C, f+BC, hold forward briefly to walk, cl.C, f+B, hcb+B(1), [(C) qcf+A, (C) dp+K(2)]x2 (SC) qcfx2+C, rdp+B = 66%
(jump-in), cl.C, f+B, qcfx2+AC, tap P, hcf+D = 57%
(jump-in), cl.C, f+BC, hold forward briefly to walk, cl.C, f+B, hcb+B(1), [(C) qcf+A, (C) dp+K(2)]x2 (SC) qcfx2+AC, hcf+D = 76%
- cl. A/B/C/D are cancel-able.
- cl. A/B are chain-able
- cl. A: Hits mid and high. Can stop in-coming hops.
- cl. B: Only hits mid.
- cl. C: This normal has a very fast start-up that is faster than Kyo's cl. C and is a good combo starter.
- cl. D: Ok combo starter. Slower than cl. C.
- Far A: Hits high only. whiff/cancel-able. Can stop in-coming hops.
- Far B: Hits mid and high. Decent for keeping space between Shingo and the opponent.
- Far C: Hits mid only. Has very slow start-up and slow recovery. Avoid using of this move too much.
- Far D: Hits mid and high. Anti-air against regular forward jumps. Has very slow start-up. Avoid using of this move too much.
- cr. A/B/C/D are whiff/cancel-able.
- cr. A/B are chain-able.
- cr. A: Hits mid only. Standard crouch attack that can used as a close range poke.
- cr. B: Hits low only. Very good combo starter. Frame advantage on block.
- cr. C: Hits mid at start up and hits as anti air during the end of active frames. Anti-air against jumps and close hops.
- cr. D: Hits low. Soft knockdown.
- j. B/D can be cross-ups.
- j. A: Ok for air to air.
- j. B: Good offense starter from short hop or hyper hop. Can become vertical instant overhead.
- j. C: Good for full punish combos.
- j. D: Can be used as a cross-up. Ok for air to air.
- neutral high j. B: Can become vertical instant overhead.
- CD: Soft knockdown, whiff/cancel-able. Has slow start-up.
- j. CD: Soft knockdown, 2 hits on counter-hit. Ok for air to air.
Swift Shoulder Throw [Hatsu Gane] - close (b/f + C)
- Shingo grabs the opponent, then smacks them with his forearm. The opponent lands near the corner of the screen
- Can be broken
- Regular knockdown
Unfinished Swift Shoulder Throw [Issestu Seoi Nage Fukanzen] - close (b/f + D)
- Shingo throws the opponent over his shoulder
- Hard knock down
- Can be broken
- Reverse knockdown
Poseur's Thundering Axe [Geshiki: Goufu You "Kakkodake"] - (f + B)
- Shingo performs a single hit, cancel-able axe kick. Easy to combo into from cl.C/cr. C or cl.D.
- Not an overhead, hits mid.
Wicked Chew Unfinished Misery [104 Shiki: Aragami Mikansei] - (qcf + A)
- Shingo steps forward then throws a quick right hook punch (left hook if on the 2p side). Very easy to combo into from light standing and crouching normals, as well from standing heavy normals (and crouching C) or from his F+B command normal. Pretty hard to punish on block because of the amount of push back Shingo gains from it. At a mid to close range its safe to throws these out a few times if you want to score a random hit from it, but its not super cancel-able.
Poison Gnawfest Unfinished Misery [105 Shiki: Dokugami Mikansei] - (qcf + C)
- This is the stronger variant of the Wicked Chew that knocks the opponent down on hit. Easy to combo from his close C, crouching C, close D and F+B. Really unsafe if blocked unfortunately.
- Soft knockdown
Cresent Slash Unfinished Misery [202 Shiki: Kototsuki Mikansei' - (hcb + B/D)
- Shingo runs towards the opponent with a short hooked uppercut that hits mid, then a sledgehammer punch that hits overhead. Both kick versions can combo very easily from Shingo's crouching and standing light and heavy normals (except crouching heavy kick).
- Super Cancel-able on the first hit
- The light kick (B) version has Shingo running 3/4 screen distance, while the heavy kick version (D) makes Shingo run full screen towards the opponent. Shingo is in vulnerable counter hit state during the dash towards the opponent.
- Very unsafe if blocked. The opponent can actually hit Shingo before the second hit while blocking.
Shingo Kick - (hcf + B/D)
- Shingo shows off his version of Kyo's rdp+K. Can evade low hits and/or low aiming attacks and projectiles. The light kick version travels 1/2 screen distance, while the heavy kick version goes 3/4 distance and inflicts a bit more damage. Both versions can combo easily from close C or close D or f+B.
- Can be used as a quick whiff punish against moves that have poor recovery (like reversals)
- Shingo can be jabbed while he's flying toward the opponent. Very unsafe on block up close, while the light kick version can be hard to punish if blocked at it's max distance.
- Soft knockdown
Fireball Unfinished Misery [100 Shiki: Oniyaki Mikansei] - (dp + A/C)
- Shingo's version of Kyo's dragon punch. Light punch version hits once, while the heavy punch version hits twice and has higher damage. Good to use as an anti-air against predictable regular jumps and super jumps. This dragon punch can be used as a quick finisher if you juggle the opponent with dp+K.
- It can be used as a reversal option while it does have fast start-up but no invincibility which may cause it to trade against meaty attacks.
- Soft knockdown
Shingo's Metal Malleator [Shingo Kinsei Ore Shiki Nietogi] - close (dp + B/D)
- This is Shingo's proximity unblockable. It sorta looks like he's hitting the opponent with a dp+C that does 3 hits. The opponent is a juggle state after the last hit. Can combo from single hit close heavy normals or light normal attacks. A very powerful move to use if you find the opponent blocking too much, and it's very powerful in many of his combos which causes massive damage. It doesn't have a whiff animation either.
- Proximity Unblock-able
- Soft knockdown
Shingo's Elbow Slam [Shingo Kinsei Ore Shiki Zenpou Tenshin] - (qcb + A/C)
- An overhead elbow strike that causes a hard knockdown. The opponent lands right at Shingo's feet where it's easy to follow up with a hop B cross-up, empty jump low, dp+K command throw, normal throw or which ever okizeme/wake up option you want. Can't combo into it because Shingo's normals push him back a bit, and it's start up isn't very fast. It is punishable however but you need something very fast with long range that can reach him while he's recovering (like Terry's qcfx2+K DM or Yashiro's qcfx2+P DM).
- If the opponent hits Shingo during the start-up of this move, it will activate a counter attack that will knock the opponent away, causing a hard knockdown. Only ground normals and command attacks that aim above Shingo's knees will be countered.
- Hard knockdown
Spinning Kick Unfinished Misery [101 Shiki: Oboro Kurama Mikansei] - (rdp + B/D)
- Shingo performs a version of Kyo '95's rdp+K. The light kick version hits once and whiffs on crouching opponents, while the heavy kick version hits twice and has a falling overhead follow-up if you quickly input rdp+D again during the first hit.
- The light kick version combos easily from Shingo's crouching and standing light and heavy normals, while the heavy kick version can combo from his standing close heavy normals and f+B command move. The heavy kick version is best used after a close dp+K command throw in the corner as a juggle.
- The rdp+D follow up hits overhead if blocked and causes a hard knockdown. Very punish-able if blocked.
Phoenix Flamer [Geshiki: Kake Hourin] - (qcfx2 + A/C)
- Shingo runs full screen towards the opponent then shoulder tackles them causing them to pop in the air.
- Both versions have the same damage output while the light punch version is easily to combo from the close C/close D, f+B string, while heavy punch version knocks the opponent higher in the air in a juggle-able state.
- Shingo can be hit while he's running toward the opponent
- Soft knockdown
- Causes Guard crush if blocked
Burning Shingo [Shingo Kinsei Ore "Mushiki"] - (qcb~hcf + A/C)
- Shingo quickly rushes towards the opponent throwing out a few Poison Gnawfest Unfinished Misery punches ending with 2 revolutions of Metal Malleator for a hard knockdown. Can easily combo from light normals because of it's very fast start-up. Shingo has a small amount of invincibility during the super flash which can be helpful to use as a reversal option or to use to punish wide gaps during some character's blockstrings. It's fast start-up is useful to punish unsafe moves on block or to use as a quick whiff punish.
- Hard knockdown
Super Desperation Moves
Shingo Style God's Duster [Geshiki: Kake Hourin] - (qcfx2 + A+C)
- This is pretty much a stronger damage version of his qcfx2+C DM that knocks the opponent higher in the air in a juggle-able state. Does A LOT of damage on counter hit.
- Soft knockdown
Shingo Style God's Duster [Shingo Kinsei Oreshiki Kamichiri] - (hcbx2 + A+C)
- This HSDM is Shingo's version of Kyo's command grab HSDM. Does 50% damage, and you can try to combo it from a close light normal or a close standalone f+B. Or you can use it as a punish if your opponent is in recovery from a whiffed special or Desperation Move.
- Command Throw
- Soft knockdown
Unless you cross up Bao
- You can't do 3 cr.B against him if he's crouching, stick to 2.
- After cl.C, f+B, just do qcf+C if you don't want to spend meter, give up on hcf+B and hcb+K.
- Though, if you do the cr.B link, cr.B, cl.C, f+B, hcb+B works on him if he's standing.
- If he's crouching cr.B, cl.C, f+B doesn't work altogether.
- For SC combos, cr.Bx2, hcb+B(1) (SC) qcfx2+C/AC will always work.
- Additionally, cr.B, cl.C, f+B, hcb+B(1) (SC) qcfx2+C/AC works if he's standing.
- Make sure not to use qcb,hcf+P here or it'll whiff outside of dead corner.
- For max combos, the only one you can count on is cl.C, BC run, cl.C, qcf+A, [(C) hcb+K(1), (C) qcf+A]x2, (SC) qcfx2+C/AC. You can loop the other way around as well.
- If he's standing, cr.B, cl.C, f+B, hcb+BC(1), [(C) qcf+A, (C) dp+K(2)]x2 (SC) qcfx2+C/AC works.
- You can add a jump-in to every combo starting with cl.C.
- After dp+K or qcfx2+C/AC, if you use rdp+D and get the random 3rd hit before reaching the corner, it whiffs and the opponent can recovery roll to punish you. rdp+B is preferred midscreen, rdp+D near the corner.
★ cr.Bx1~3, qcf+A / hcb+K
- Main light conversion. Because it's a fast cancel and hcb+K is horribly unsafe, the less damaging and no knockdown but safer qcf+A is often preferred.
★ cr.B, cl.C, f+B, hcb+B / qcf+C
- The 2f link at the start makes this a bit more peculiar than the previous route but it's also much safer and easier to confirm from this into hcb+B for better damage.
- cl.C, dp+K, hcb+D / rdp+K
- You can't add a cr.B link at the start as you won't be in range for dp+K.
★ cl.C, f+B, hcb+B / qcf+C / hcf+K
- Main heavy conversion. If the opponent is standing and close, hcf+D does more but hcb+B is overall more consistent, preferred ender. hcf+B doesn't combo on low crouchers consistently but it's very safe, use it on block.
- cr.B, cr.B/cl.B, qcb hcf+P
- Easy but very lackluster damage-wise, avoid going for this unless really necessary. Do it as cr.B, qcb, cr.B/cl.B, qcf+P.
★ cr.B, cl.C, f+B, qcb hcf+P
- Much better option to use a bar on a low conversion.
★ cr.B, cl.C, f+B, qcfx2+C, tap P, rdp+K
- The tap P timing to land rdp+B midscreen, guaranteeing more damage than the previous route, is pretty tight so this route while still very good is preferred near the corner.
★ cl.C, f+B, qcfx2+C, tap P, rdp+K
- Excellent 1 bar conversion. Practice the timing to tap P to get the super to combo consistently from a jump-in.
Looping [(C) qcf+A, (C) dp+K(2)] is preferred unless you're fully consistent at delaying through [(C) qcf+A, (C) hcb+K(1)]
★ (cr.Bx1~3) / (cl.C,f+B), hcb+B(1) (SC) qcfx2+C, rdp+K
- Very good non max alternative for a 2 bar conversion.
★ (cr.Bx1~3) / (cl.C,f+B), hcb+BC(1), [(C) qcf+A, (C) dp+K(2) / hcb+K(1)]x2 (SC) qcfx2+C, rdp+K
- If you find delaying qcf+A enough after hcb+BC to avoid the super cancel a bit tough, I recommend using one of the next three instead.
★ cr.B, cl.C, f+B, hcb+BC(1), [(C) qcf+A, (C) dp+K(2) / hcb+K(1)]x2 (SC) qcfx2+C, rdp+K
- 2f link starter version of the previous combo. For the hassle of landing the link, you get more space between hcb+BC and qcf+A to avoid the accidental super cancel.
★ cr.Bx1~2, cr.BC, qcf+A, (C) hcb+K, (C) qcf+A, (C) dp+K(2) / hcb+K(1), (C) qcf+A, (SC) qcfx2+C, rdp+K
- Low conversion without link and more range than the previous one, decent damage but requires practice.
★ cl.C, BC run, cl.C, f+B, hcb+B(1), [(C) qcf+A, (C) dp+K(2) / hcb+K(1)]x2 (SC) qcfx2+C, rdp+K
- Better route to avoid the super cancel without having to link cr.B but it's preferred to use it as a punish or after a jump-in to avoid max activating on block.
- j.D (cross up), cr.B, cl.C, BC run, cl.C, f+B, hcb+B(1), [(C) qcf+A, (C) dp+K(2) / hcb+K(1)]x2 (SC) qcfx2+C, rdp+K
- Max damage, not too hard but too situational.
rdp+D's 3rd hit is completely random. Near the corner, after qcfx2+AC, you can do it early enough so that even if the 3rd hit doesn't come out, you then land in time to catch the falling opponent with cl.C for even more damage than the 3rd hit.
- cr.B, hcbx2+AC
- Pretty much useless.
★ cl.C, f+B, qcfx2+AC, tap P, hcf+D / rdp+K
- Easy way to dump meter on some nice and easy damage but his preferred max routes do more without being much harder.
- qcb+P (Counter connects), qcfx2+AC, hcf+D / rdp+K
- You shouldn't ever use qcb+P but if you do, here's how to make full profit of it.
★ Replace qcfx2+C, rdp+K by qcfx2+AC, hcf+D / rdp+K in any 2 stocks max combo
- His max conversions are excellent, learning them is highly recommended.
- (cr.Bx1~3) / (cl.C,f+B), hcb+B(1) (SC) qcfx2+AC, rdp+K/hcf+D
- Short and easy meter dump but less damage than the 2 bar max, it's recommended to do that instead.
- BC, cl.C, f+B, hcb+B(1), (C) qcf+A, (C) dp+K(2), (qcfx2+AC)x2, hcf+D = 100%
- Situational but can be useful after missing a max run.
- cr. Bx2, qcf+A
- cross-up j. D, cl. C, dp+K, rdp+D
Discuss at 02UM Discord server
Discuss at Dream Cancel
Discuss at Orochinagi