The King of Fighters 2002 UM/Takuma Sakazaki
(jump-in), cl.C, hcb+B = 24%
(jump-in or cr.B), cr.B, cr.A, hcb+B = 20%
(jump-in or cr.B), cr.Bx1~2, cr.A, qcf,hcb+A = 33%
(deep jump-in or cross-up), cl.C, f+B, qcf,hcb+A = 40%
- A/B/C are cancellable
- A/B chain into lights
- none of his stand normals are cancellable, including on whiff
- s.B is a good fast poke and anti air
- cr.A/B/C are cancellable
- cr.A/B chain into lights
- cr.B/C/D are whiff cancellable
- j.B is an instant overhead and a good cross-up
- j.CD best general air tool
- j.D great tool, crosses up
Oosotogari - (close, b/f + C)
- hard knockdown
Nage Ippon seoi - (close, b/f + D)
- hard knockdown
Kawara Wari - (f + B)
- Takuma throws an elbow out that hits overhead.
- Can be cancelled into from any close normal except D.
- When comboed into loses its overhead property but gains the ability to cancel into specials, though it pushes Takuma far enough away that they don't connect.
- Cancels into BC mode.
Ko Or Ken - (qcf + A/C)
- Takuma throws out a fist with a point of energy at the end, giving him a hitbox to put pressure on the opponent.
- Both A & C cause soft knockdown on hit.
- Both versions can be cancelled into from normals, but only A combos.
- If blocked C version does intense guard damage leading to a guard crash.
- Both versions are Super Cancelable during Max Mode, which means you can land unblockable super by using guard crash of C version.
Hien Shippukyaku - (hcb + B/D)
- Takuma jumps in place with a series of kicks.
- B version is stationary. D version makes Takuma move forward a bit.
- Both versions cause hard knockdown.
- Both versions can be comboed into.
- Also both versions are nearly 0 on block so is a very effective pressure tool.
Mouko Shikouken - (qcb + A/C:)
- Takuma thows out a parry then follows up with a heavy punch.
- The first part of the attack will absorb a single hit then he will continue the attack.
- Against predictable opponents could be used to counter meatys, but is very unsafe on block if overused.
- Causes soft knockdown.
- With correct timing you can use the parry animation to destroy fireballs.
Haohshoukoken - (f, hcf + A/C)
- Takuma summons power and releases a burst of it.
- Similar to his fireball move, but has slightly less range and causes a hardknock down.
- Not comboable, but could be useful as a frametrap in a blockstring.
- It can destroy other projectiles, but is too slow to be effective in a fireball war.
- A version is very unsafe on block. C version do significant guard damage on block .
San Ikusa No Kate - (d, d + A/C)
- Takuma makes two fist and a circle of energy around him appears.
- This is a parry move allowing Takuma to gain advantage against opponents throwing out heavy moves.
- For all the frames the circle appears he will absorb one hit and will have a slight advantage to attacking next.
- Good for mind games and against auto-piloting opponents.
- It's Super Cancelable if you succeeded blocking with this move during Max Mode.
Ryuuko Ranbu - (qcf, hcb + A/C)
- Takuma dashes forward hitting the opponent with multiple attacks ending in a fireball. Causes hard knockdown.
Shin Kishin Geki - (close, qcf x 2 + A/C)
- Takuma's command throw super. Unblockable, but must be right next to the opponent.
- Although the opponent can't do anything after the flash, they can hit Takuma out of the startup frames and during the move if it was guessed. Inputting an invuln dp before the flash for example.
Super Desperation Move
Ryuuko Ranbu - (qcf, hcb + AC)
- harder hitting version of Takuma's ranbu super does an addition 2 hits and extra damage.
- Seemingly it has a slightly better vertical hitbox.
Hidden Super Desperation Move
Kosatsu Jin - (b, f, d, df + AC)
- Takuma throws both arms up in the air to catch the next attack when he does he slams the opponent's head into the ground, bouncing them in the air for massive damage. *A desperate counter move if you know your opponent's mind.
You can add a jump-in to every combo if you start with cl.C or 2~3 lights. Having more range, cr.A is less likely to whiff than cr.B so removing cr.B for consistency rather than cr.A is best.
★ cr.Bx1~3, cr.A, hcb+B
- Main meterless bnb. Great confirm and solid carry with good oki.
- cr.Bx1~2, f+B, hcb+D
- A bit worse confirm than the previous but a bit more damage. A bit awkward to get both cr.B's to confirm so the previous is preferred.
- cl.C, hcb+K
★ cr.Bx1~4, cr.A, qcf,hcb+A
- Main 1 bar bnb with the usual great confirm and decent damage. Do it as cr.B, qcf, cr.A, qcb+A.
- cr.Bx1~3, f+B, qcf,hcb+A
- Slightly worse confirm but a pretty consistent option if you stick to 2 cr.B's.
- cr.Bx1~2, BC, cl.C, hcb+D(1), (SC) qcf,hcb+A
- cl.C, BC run, cl.C, hcb+D(1), (SC) qcf,hcb+A
- (cl.C / cr.Bx1~2), f+B, BC run, far C, qcf,hcb+A
★ cr.Bx1~4, cr.A, qcf,hcb+AC
- Main 3 bar conversion with the usual great confirm but fairly poor damage. Do it as cr.B, qcf, cr.A, qcb+AC.
- cr.Bx1~3, f+B, qcf,hcb+AC
- Slightly worse confirm but a pretty consistent option if you stick to 2 cr.B's. Still poor damage.
- cr.Bx1~2, BC, cl.C, hcb+D(1), (SC) qcf,hcb+AC
- cl.C, BC run, cl.C, hcb+D(1), (SC) qcf,hcb+AC
- (cl.C / cr.Bx1~2), f+B, BC run, far C, qcf,hcb+AC
Discuss at 02UM Discord server
Discuss at Dream Cancel