King of Dinosaurs is a mysterious heel wrestler who wears a tyrannosaurus mask. His true identity is unknown. He is capable of taking down seasoned martial artists with his powerful wrestling moves.
He joins Ramón together in the newly-formed G.A.W. and aims to become the fiercest dinosaur in the galaxy.
(*) = EX OK
(!) = MAX OK
(Midair Only) = Can only be done in the air.
Dyna Bomb - / +
Dyna Buster - / +
Rex Head - +
Yucatan Punch - +
Zetsumetsu Hurricane - + / (*)
Assault Raptor - + / (*)
Ankylo Hammer - + / (*)
- ┗Ankylo Hammer (Break) - +
Giga Compy - + / (*)
Chicxulub Buster - + / (*)
Super Special Moves
Super Zetsumetsu Hurricane - + / (!)
Dinner of Dinosaur - + / (!)
Climax Super Special Moves
Spiral Arm Excavation - +
Quick Combo Reference
Quick Combo Reference
2B > 2A > 63214A
2C > 4A > 63214A
(corner) 2C > 4A > 236C(2) > AB, 5D > 4214D
( = 197 dmg
( = 271 dmg
( = 421 dmg
(not corner) 2B > 2A > 2A > 236AC, 4A > 4214D
( = 300 dmg
2B > 2A > 236A(1) > 236236B, 214B
2C > 4A > 236C(2) > 236236B, 214B
(corner) 2C > 4A > 236C(2) > AB, 5D > 236236B, 214B
( = 322 dmg
( = 407 dmg
( = 503 dmg
(not corner) 2B > 2A > 2A > 236AC, [delay if far from corner] 236C(2) > AB, 5D > 236236B, 214B/D
( = 387 dmg
Big, slow, and powerful, the King of Dinosaurs is an unconventional grappler who uses the threat of his strong corner carry game to bully opponents. Use his 2A and 5B as dominant neutral pokes that easily convert into his 63214A Zetsumetsu Hurricane command grab for a hard knockdown, or 236AC Ankylo Hammer for a wallbounce followup. His far 5C, 2C, 4A and 63214C command throw all have guard point properties, allowing Dino to blow through predictable attacks and fireballs, force his turn on defense, and in general make the opponent have to approach him differently from other characters. On block, Dino has brake options on his 236A/C Ankylo Hammer attacks that shred the guard bar and safely reset his pressure, as well as decent crossup options in jB and jC.
Unfortunately, Dino's lumbering frame is his biggest liability, and he is easily outmaneuvered by much of the cast. While his guard point moves provide unique solutions to fireballs, he struggles against KOFXV's dedicated zoners and still must make good use of his movement options and occasional hard reads to close the distance. Additionally, he is vulnerable to up-close pressure as well, as seasoned opponents can navigate between his slow, committal defensive options if used carelessly.
Play The King of Dinosaurs if you enjoy a methodical midrange game, unconventional offense that requires a lot of conditioning, and a cascade of hard knockdowns and explosive damage when everything works out. It is generally recommended to play him in either point or second position as only a handful of EX moves are required to enable his gameplan.
- Guard Point Rudo: Dinosaur has guard points in several attacks, including one of his command grabs.
- Pinning Predator: Hard knockdowns are a common occurence for Dino - his go-to specials for punishes leave the opponent unable to tech roll.
- Corner Carnivore: Ankylo Hammer being brakable leads to incredible meterless damage and smothering pressure against a cornered opponent. Its EX version causes a wallbounce, which can facilitate corner carry.
- Adept to Poke & Punish: Thanks to an array of long range, cancellable light normals, Dinosaur can convert any touch into damage or maintain a poking game with relative safety.
- Meter Efficient: Half a bar is usually enough for Dinosaur to get his offense going.
- Large & Sluggish: Like some of his ancient subjects, King of Dinosaurs is big and has slow movement speed. This makes him prey to zoners and high-mobility offense. Additionally, his heavy normals are outclassed in speed and range by other comparably-sized members of the cast.
- Nature Struggles to Find a Way: Along with his overall slowness, another factor that makes Dino uncomfortable against zoners is a lack of projectile-invincible moves. He has to carefully navigate the opponent's fireballs or bet on a hard read with Assault Raptor.
- Clever Optimization Required: EX Ankylo Hammer has inconsistent rewards based on his proximity to the corner that occasionally demand on-the fly decision making for optimization.
- Unconventional Pressure: Dino has very few plus-on-block attacks and only one whiff cancellable option, so pressure is instead created by setting up spacing traps with his brake specials or directly challenging mashing with a high-commitment guard point move.
- No Oki: Most of Dino's conversions at midscreen and even just random hits from specials give him either little oki or none at all. While this would be bad for any character, this is especially awful on the slowest character in the game.
- Horrible Damage on Light Confirms: Dino's combos scale hard. Many of Dino's 0.5 bar confirms from light attacks deal similar damage to meterless combos from much of the cast. This means Dino will often have to get far more neutral wins and openings than other characters to win.
Far Standing Normals
Close Standing Normals
Super Special Moves
Super Zetsumetsu Hurricane
Dinner of Dinosaur
Climax Super Special Move
Spiral Arm Excavation