Kim Kaphwan (2k2UM)
- st. A is a long jab that is good for mid-range poking and zoning
- st. B is a high side kick that is good for stopping hops and hyper hops at a mid-range distance. Whiffs on some crouching characters. It might activate cl.B if the opponent is too close.
- st. C is a high aiming snap kick that may accidentally come out when you want to do a cl.C
- st. D is a high double roundhouse kick which can be used as a jump or hop checker but it has slow-start up and bad recovery
- cl. A/B/C/D are all special cancel-able
- cl. A is a shoulder height jab which may be helpful for hitting opponents who may try to hop at you at a very close range, or may try to jump out of the corner
- cl. B are two side kicks that can easily combo into qcb+A/C. The second hit may whiff if you arent close enough.
- cl. C is a two hit side kick that can easily confirm and cancel into into Kim's special moves and DM's.
- cl. D is a two axe kick that is cancel-able into specials but has push back on hit which may cause whatever it is cancelled into to whiff
- cr. A/B/C/D are all cancel-able
- cr. A is a crouching jab which can be used for close range poking, and can easily combo into qcb+A/C
- cr. B is a low light kick that can be used to start combos or to use as a low poke
- cr. C is a high aiming kick which can function as a grounded anti-air uppercut but it isn't very fast
- cr. D is a sweep that has decent range, and can be whiff canceled into special moves, and cancelled if blocked
- j. A is air-cancel-able
- j. A is a jumping jab that can cross-up and/or start combos. Must be inputted early to be released if you would like to confirm into a grounded normal for a combo.
- j. B is a high kick that can be used to poke opponents who are already jumping. Whiffs on crouching opponents.
- j. C is a jumping axe kick that can be used as an early air-to-air attack, or as a jump-in attack to start combos. Can whiff on crouching opponents if released too early.
- j. D is a jump kick that has a downward angle that is good for air-to-ground approaches and to start combos. It can also cross-up as well.
- st. CD is a strong, delayed side kick that can be used as a preemptive anti-air to as a stagger during offensive pressure
- j.CD is a jumping side kick, good for air-to-air. Can whiff on crouching opponents if released too early.
Kubikime Otoshi - (b/f + C) close
- Kim grabs the opponent's head with his feet, then slams their head in the ground. They land near the corner, face upward.
- Hard knockdown
- This throw flips the enemy face up for a possible back-turned okizeme glitch setup
Sakkyaku Swimming - (b/f + D) close
- Kim grabs and tosses the opponent toward the corner of the screen.
- Soft knockdown
Neri Chagi - (f + B)
- Kim performs a slow axe kick aimed at the opponent's head. Pretty good to throw out every now and then to mix-up your offense.
- Overhead unless cancelled into
- If cancelled into, becomes 2 hitter, both hits are cancel-able, but loses overhead property
- Cannot connect from anything
- Useful to cancel into Max Mode
Haki Kyaku - (d, d, + B/D)
- Kim stomps his foot at the opponent's feet. Good to use when you want to mix up your ground offensive pressure to keep the opponent guessing.
- Hits low
- B version is super cancel-able
- B version has a feature where if you don't have enough stock to super cancel (ie. less than 2 stocks), you can do the Hou'ou Kyaku input and Kim will cancel this move. If successful, Kim will flash in white.
- D version is hard knockdown, not super cancel-able
- B version can be used for the stomp glitched explained here: (http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Kim_02#The_Stomp_Glitch)
Hangetsu Zan - (qcb + B/D)
- Kim's signature cresent kick. Light kick version hits once, heavy kick version hits twice.
- Light kick (B) version travels a short range, heavy kick (D) version goes around half-screen.
- B version normally super cancel-able, D version only super cancellable in max mode (can also cancel into SDM qcb~hcf+B+D while he's in midair)
Sanren Geki - (qcb + A/C) up to three times
- Kim's rekka series. First hit starts with an inverted roundhouse kick (which can be used as a hop anti-air) and second hit is a side kick. The third kick ends in a overhead if you use light punch, or ends with jumping spin kicks if you use heavy punch.
- First input of punch button determines the finisher of the chain
- Both enders are super cancel-able
Combo Advice: If you use the heavy punch version, all the hits will connect and combo if cancelled from his cl. C midscreen or in the corner. Against a cornered opponent, try cr.B, cr. A, qcb + C x3. This wont work midscreen. If you have 2 stocks of meter, try f+B, qcb+BC (that freely activates into max mode), qcb+C, qcb+D, qcb~hcf+K.
- After first hit, has alternate followup Sankuu Kyaku
- Sankuu Geki - (uf + B/D, d + B/D)
- If you input these motions after the first qcb+C, Kim will perform a jumping roundhouse, ending in an axe kick that hits overhead.
- First hit of this is super cancel-able
- Second hit is an overhead and hard knockdown
Combo Advice: Try cr.B, cr. A/cl.C, qcb+C, uf + B/D, d + B/D. Works anywhere.
Hien Zan - charge down briefly, then (up + B/D)
- Kim's flash kick. Light kick version travels a shorter vertical distance than the heavy kick version that travels near the top of the screen.
- D version super cancellable
- D version will not bring a crouching opponent into the air
- D version has a followup Tenshou Zan
- Ouiche - down + D after a D Hien Zan
- Hard knockdown
Hishou Kyaku - qcf + K (only in the air)
- Kim air stomps the opponent. He travels at a downward angle diagonally, and it can only be released during a jump or super jump. Starts up fast, and can catch opponents throwing ground fireballs before they recover or even hit them air to air.
- Bounces back if blocked or not but he can be punished landing on the way down.
- Can follow with Tsuika Kougeki
- ┗Tsuiki Kougeki - D after Hishou Kyaku rebound
- Can be done if blocked or not
- Can push back farther if done early on block
- Can actually hit airborne opponents after Hishou Kyaku connects in the corner if done early
- He still can be punished by any move that can beat out a j. D.
Hou'ou Kyaku - qcb~hcf + B/D
- Kim ranbu super; a flurry of fast kicks, ending in an axe kick. Good to use a quick punish if your opponent whiffs any special moves or DMs that have bad recovery (or if really unsafe on block). It is also easy to combo after a two hit cl. C.
- Catches airborne opponents
- B version travels around 3/4ths of full-screen, D version travels full-screen
Hiten Hou'ou Kyakyu - qcf x 2 + B/D
- A splits kick that launches the opponent in the air.
- Juggles opponent
- B version launches opponent slightly forward, D version just launches vertically
- Very fast
Super Desperation Move
Kuuchuu Hou'ou Kyaku - qcb, hcf + BD (only in the air)
- An aerial ranbu EX super. Kim throws out a flurry of air normals, stomps, to end with aerial roundhouse kicks into an axe kick.
- Hard knockdown
- Good to use as an air-to-air attack
- Travels an extremely long distance mid air
Kyou Hou'ou Kyaku - (close) qcb~hcf + AC
- Kim unleashes a fury of kicks ending an a rising phoenix kick.
- Proximity Unblockable
- Hard knockdown
- Does not catch airborne opponents
- If opponent is already in block stun, this move will not connect
- cl.C/cr.B×1～2/cr.A, qcb+P~uf+K~d+K
- cl.C, qcb + D
- cl.C, down, down + B/D
- cr.B×1～2, cr. d~u+B
- cl.C/cr.B×1～2/cr.A, qcb hcf+K
- cl.C/cr.B×1～2/cr.A, qcfx2+K, d~u+D~d+K
- cl.C/cr.B×1～2/cr.A, qcfx2+D, qcb hcf+K
- cl.C, (BC) cl.C (1), qcb+Ax3 (Nerichagi 1 hit), qcb+D, qcfx2+D, d~u+D~d+K
- cl.C, (BC) cl.C (1), qcb+Cx3, (SC) qcb hcf+BD
- cl.C, (BC) cl.C (1), qcb+Ax3 (Nerichagi 1 hit), qcb+D (2)/d~u+D (2), qcb hcf+BD
- cl.C, (BC) cl.C (1), qcb+Ax3 (Nerichagi 1 hit), qcb+D, qcfx2+D, qcb hcf+K/(BC) qcb+Px2, (SC) qcb hcf+K
- cl.C, (BC) cl.C (1), qcb+Ax3 (Nerichagi 1 hit), qcb+D, qcfx2+D, [BC] qcb+Px2, (SC) qcfx2+D, d~u+D~d+D
- cl.C, (BC) cl.C (1), qcb+Ax3 (Nerichagi 1 hit), qcb+D, (SC) qcfx2+K, [BC] rtk (reverse tiger knee) hcf+BD
- cl.C, (BC) cl.C (1), qcb+Ax3 (Nerichagi 1 hit), qcb+D, (SC) qcfx2+K, [BC] qcbx2+C, (SC buffer) qcb hcf+BD
- cl.C, (BC) cl.C (1), qcb+Ax3 (Nerichagi 1 hit), qcb+D, (SC) qcfx2+K, [BC] qcb+Px2, qcfx2+D, [BC] qcb+Cx3, (SC buffer) qcb hcf+BD
Kim Master Class
|King of Fighters 2K2UM|
|Nameless · |
Kyo Kusanagi · Benimaru Nikaido · Goro Daimon · Iori Yagami · Mature · Vice · Terry Bogard · Andy Bogard · Joe Higashi
Ryo Sakazaki · Robert Garcia · Yuri Sakazaki · Athena Asamiya · Sie Kensou · Bao · Vanessa · Seth · Ramon · Leona Heidern · Ralf Jones
Clark Still · Yashiro Nanakase · Chris · Shermie · Orochi Yashiro · Orochi Shermie · Orochi Chris · K' · Maxima · Whip · Angel · Kula Diamond · Foxy · Kim Kaphwan · Chang Koehan · Choi Bounge · Jhun Hoon · Lin · Shingo Yabuki · Ryuji Yamazaki · Blue Mary · Billy Kane · Heidern · Takuma Sakazaki · Chin Gentsai · Li Xiangfei · Hinako Shijou · May Lee · King · Mai Shiranui · Kasmui Todoh ·
Kusanagi · Kyo - 1 · Kyo - 2