Difference between revisions of "NeoGeo Battle Coliseum/Kaede"
|Line 38:||Line 38:|
Revision as of 23:14, 23 January 2022
- 5A: Jab, cancelable.
- 5B: Looks identical to far B but is much faster, chains into itself once, cancelable, OTG.
- 5C: 2 hit upward slash. Both hits cancelable, the second puts the opponent in the air, not knocking down.
- 5D: Quick knee as Kaede's primary heavy button for combos.
- 5A: Somewhat spammable horizontal slice for poking and to some degree anti-airing.
- 5B: Stomp kick with some start-up, cancelable, OTG.
- 5C: One-handed downward motion that briefly covers above and in front of Kaede.
- 5D: Slightly faster but shorter and less mashable poke than far A. But is cancelable.
- 2A: Jab that's cancelable, chains from itself, cl.A, cl.B and cr.B. i.e. his best light confirm.
- 2B: Fast but short low, cancelable. Often used to chain into cr.A.
- 2C: Upward 45° slash, committing anti-air, cancelable.
- 2D: Very standard sweep, cancelable.
- j.A: Can't decide if it wants to be a jump-in or an air-to-air. Ends up sucking at both. Cross-up exists and is the most awkward of 3.
- j.B: Nice kick angle for jump-in, can cross-up.
- j.C: Good committal jump-in swing with some start-up.
- j.D: Alright jump-in, best option for air-to-air. Difficult cross-up that you can't land on short characters and a number of crouchers.
Blowback Attack Pressing the E button while blocking will allow Kaede to counter with the 2nd hit of his qcb+A, and he will then tag out.
Ittou Rai Tei: b/f + CD (also in air)
- Can be broken on ground. Kaede jumps with the opponent and rolls over them as they hit the ground, Kaede recovering first and in position to cross-up j.B with a normal forward jump.
- Air throw prompts a lightning bolt to strike as Kaede and his opponent land, doing a bit more damage and leaving Kaede in the same okizeme position as ground throw.
- Cannot be combo'd into after command grab like in The Last Blade duology.
- Regardless of what direction you held beforehand, Kaede will do the throw in the opposite direction he was facing (e.g. Kaede faces right, air throw has him roll left over the opponent, is still facing right).
Pounce Attack: 3C | df+C on downed opponent
- An OTG that Kaede has a few routes to guarantee use of after hard knockdown. Primarily qcb+C, and qcfx2+p on airborne opponents.
REPEL: Setsuna Shunrai/Setsuna Shunretsu:
REPEL: Setsuna Shundan:
Shinmei Hayate: 236+A/C | qcf+A/C
- A lightning ball that travels across the ground. A version has more start-up and travels slower than the C version
- Capable of nullifying flying "mid" fireballs like Akari's
Shinmei Oite: 236+A/C | qcf+A/C in air
- Same concept as Shinmei Hayate, where the lightning ball is fired
Shinmei Kuga: 623+A/C | dp+A/C
- Standard DP where the A version has very brief invuln and travels up less while C rises further and has invincibility suited for risky reversal.
- Has a 2nd hit in the lightning bolt that comes after the slash, that won't hit on its own or if the opponent was on the ground when hit by DP, but rather as a reward for successful anti-air with the first half of this move. Ends up leading to nearly double the damage.
- Getting both hits of dp is possible after command grab. Both DPs deal the same damage if both hits connect (for one hit, C does slightly more), so waiting for the opponent to reach the peak before their fall before doing dp+C is the most consistent method.
Shinmei Renjin Zan: 214+A/C | qcb+A/C
Shinmei Tabakaze: 214+B/D | qcb+B/D
Shinmei Arashi Uchi: [close] 41236+B/D | hcf+B/D
Kasshin Fukuryu: 214,41236+A/C | qcb,hcf+A/C
- Kaede strikes the ground and causes 5 lightning bolts to fire down one after the other. Costs 1 meter.
- A version has nearly unreliable invuln but is the one you want to use for combos, since the bolts stay closer together allowing all the hits to connect unless in the corner.
- C version serves as the defensive variation; Kaede is invincible from the prolonged start-up of this super until he summons the first bolt. There is more damage attached, but the bolts spread out further.
Kasshin Seiryu: 236x2+A/C | qcfx2+A/C
- Kaede doubles the length of his katana, before slamming the electrified blade/baton in a downward arc. Costs 2 meter.
- A version is like the training wheels version of this move. It's faster than C and thus can combo from the 2nd hit of qcb+A, invulnerable only during the super flash, but does almost 1/3 less than the C version.
- If this move hits an airborne opponent, their received knockdown is sliding across the ground instead of bouncing off. This gives Kaede the opportunity to (run if midscreen and) use df+C.
Special Dual Assault (w/ Moriya)
2,2+AE | d,d+AE
- Block strings to use are:
(more to be updated)
- Note: The "S" button is the start button.