The King of Fighters '98 UM
The King of Fighters 98 Ultimate Match is an updated version of KOF '98 and a compilation of characters from '94-'98.
A = Light Punch
B = Light Kick
C = Strong Punch
D = Strong Kick
CD = Blowback Attack
P = With either Low Punch or Strong Punch
K = With either Low Kick or Strong Kick
AB = (In Advanced Mode) Evasive Roll, neutral or forward AB while make the character roll forward, pressing it in the backward direction will make the character roll backward, and can be used to recover from knockdowns (In Extra Mode) Dodge, AB will make a character stand and evade an attack briefly, pressing an attack button during Dodge will make a Dodge attack, and can be used to recover from knockdowns
ABC = (In Advanced Mode) Max Mode Activation, (In Extra Mode) Meter Charging
GCR = Guard Cancel Roll, press AB when guarding an attack, can also be done while using a normal, costs one meter
GCCD = Guard Cancel Blowback Attack, press CD when guarding an attack, costs one meter
DM = Desperation Moves, super moves that require power stock or fully-charged/low flashing health meter
SDM = Super Desperation Moves, more powerful versions of DMs, requiring Max Mode + 1 power stock or fully-charged meter + low flashing health
QMAX = See Quick Max below
up (u) | (ub) up left - 7 8 9 - up right (uf) (b) left - 4 5 6 - right (f) (db) down left - 1 2 3 - down right (df) | down (d)
qcf - 236 - d/df/f - Quarter circle forward
qcb - 214 - d/db/b - Quarter circle backward
hcf - 41236 - b/db/d/df/f - Half circle forward
hcb - 63214 - f/df/d/db/d - Half circle backward
dp - 623 - f/d/df - Dragon Punch motion
rdp - 421 - b/d/db - Reverse Dragon Punch motion
charge - 6 or 8 - b~f or d~u - Hold in one direction then shift to the designated direction
tk - 2369 - d/df/f/uf - Tiger Knee Motion
hcb f - 632146 - f/df/d/db/b/f - Half circle back forward motion
b~f - 6 - Hold back then press forward
d~u - 8 - Hold down then press up
db/f - 1,6 - press down back then forward
d/u - 2,8 - press down then up
d,d - 2,2 - press down twice
f/b/f - 6,4,6 - press forward back forward
qcb hcf - 2141236 - Quarter circle back half circle forward
j. - Jump/jumping - Press up-back/up/up-forward.
sj. - Super-jump - Tap down-back/down/down-forward, then quickly press up-back/up/up-forward.
sh. - Short hop - Tap up-back/up/up-forward.
hh. - Hyper hop - Tap down-back/down/down-forward, then quickly tap up-back/up-forward.
cl. - Close
cr. - Crouch
st. - Stand
bb. - Backdash
ff. - Front Step (Extra) or Run (Advanced)
xx. - cancel
Using Advanced, you will have a green health bar and power stocks built up for various uses, including DMs and SDMs. On your first character, you can have up to 3 stocks, 4 on your second, and 5 on your last. Some of your abilites in this mode include being able to:
- run forward (ff, holding forward down)
- roll forwards and backwards (AB + direction, just AB will be forward)
- activate Max Mode using one stock (ABC)
- In Max Mode, your character will be yellow-tinted and have stronger attack power, but will also slightly push opponents back and make some combos harder to pull off. While in Max Mode, you can pull off one SDM, and using it ends Max Mode.
Using Extra, you will have a yellow health bar and can charge your meter to maximum to perform DMs. When your health is low and flashing, you'll be able to perform DMs at will. Some abilities exclusive to Extra are:
- front step (ff), you walk faster by 130% than advanced.
- fix dodge (AB)
- dodge attack (P/K during dodge), can be canceled into specials or supers.
- charge power gauge (holding ABC)
- press ABC to activate MAX mode when you have full meter, you are only able to build meter from charge, getting hit or blocking.
- you can use supers straight without going MAX mode with a full meter. you can also spend a full meter for guard cancel.
- perform Quick Max (pressing ABC on the connecting hit of certain attacks when you have a full meter)
- Quick Max is the ability to activate Max Mode during normal, command normals and special attacks (command grabs except proximity unblockables, projectiles and supers will not work)
Performing SDMs in Extra Mode require low flashing health and a fully-charged meter.
Using Ultimate, you will have a blue health bar, and you will be able to customize your own power mode. You can choose between:
- Advanced power stocks or Extra chargeable meter
- front step or running
- rolling or dodge
Throws - b/f + C/D
Throw Escapes - (when being grabbed) b/f + P/K, you can't break the throw while performing roll or fix dodge.
-Air Blocking In '98UM, you are able to block some ground or aerial attacks from the air. Also air blocking will consume your guard meter more than normal ground blocking.
-Triangle Jump Triangle jump is the ability to jump off of the invisible walls on the left and right of the stage diagonally. Characters able to perform this include Mai, Choi, Athena
Fatal Fury Team
Art of Fighting Team
Psycho Soldier Team
New Faces Team
New Faces Team
American Sports Team
96 Boss Team