The King of Fighters '98 UMFE/Eiji Kisaragi
Format for Normals section. Be sure to add bullet points for multiple moves having a property (e.g. j. B/D cross-up; st/cr. A/B/C/D are whiff/cancelable). REMOVE AFTER WRITING IN
- cl. A:
- cl. B:
- cl. C:
- cl. D:
- st. A:
- st. B:
- st. C:
- st. D:
- cr. A:
- cr. B:
- cr. C:
- cr. D:
- j. A:
- j. B:
- j. C:
- j. D:
- st. CD:
- j. CD:
Kuuchuu Ippan Seoi: b/f+C/D
- Both leave the opponent backturned with enough time to meaty.
Kikou Hou: qcf+P
- A version combos from heavy attacks, C version is slower but has a larger hitbox.
Kagenui: air qcf+P
- Must be blocked low if it hits near their toe. Can OTG but it's not guaranteed off anything. Can be done from a front & backdash. No cancellable air normals.
Kasumi Kiri: qcb+P
- Combos from light attacks. Can work well as AA. Long recovery period.
Ryuu Kagejin: dp+P
- Reflects projectiles (including DM), massive active frames. Combos from heavy attacks but only on backturned. dp+A gives slight advantage (meaty does not give extra advantage) and no pushback when in the corner.
Kage Utsushi: qcf+K
- B versions has high/mid level invincibility, D version has low, allowing you to move through projectiles with the right choice. D version goes further.
Kotsu Hazaki Kiri: hcb+K - B version combos from heavy attacks, D version travels faster. Massive active frames. B version is poor on block, but when meaty gives massive frame advantage. D version starts at neutral and improves from there.
Tenba Kyaku: rdp+K
- D version combos from c.D [1 hit] (only connects properly on standing). Can link normals after both, depending on the situation.
Zantetsu Nami: qcf,hcb+P
- Amazing super. C version has great startup and travels fullscreen almost instantly (eating normal projectiles). Can punish a huge variety of moves from anywhere on the screen. Expect EX gauge Eiji's to spam this when they are on on low health. Combos from lights.
Zantetsu Kamakiriken: qcf,hcb+K
- Combos from lights, does slightly more damage than qcf,hcb+P. SDM version switches sides and does hard knockdown.
- c.B, c.A, qcb+P - tends to whiff unless your jump is perfect, so omit the c.B when doing from a jump.
- far s.C/c.D [1 hit], qcf+A/hcb+B
- j.X, s.C/s.D, qcf+A/hcb+B
- c.D [1 hit], rdp+D, c.A, qcb+P - midscreen
- j.X, c.D [1 hit], rdp+D, s.C, qcf+A/hcb+B - corner
- rdp+B, s.C, qcf+A/hcb+B - corner
- c.A, s.C/s.D - link
(hcb+B gives slightly better advatage on wakeup but is unsafe when blocked, qcf+A gives more meter)
- any of the above combos but with an (S)DM instead of the final special.
- s.C, QM, qcf,hcb+P (S)DM - this is a link
- far s.D, QM, qcf,hcb+P (S)DM
- c.B, c.A, QM, s.C/s.D, special or DM (must walk forward slightly. alternatively you can just do a single c.B and you won't have to walk forward).
- c.D [1 hit], QD, qcf+A/hcb+B/qcf,hcb+K DM
- j.X, s.D, QD, qcf+A/hcb+B/qcf,hcb+K DM
- meaty s.C, qcf,hcb+C
- dp+P fireball reflect, qcf,hcb+C
- dp+A counterhit, qcf,hcb+C
- j.CD counterhit, qcf,hcb+C
- j.B and j.D are crossups, j.D is an instant overhead. s.A and far s.A will whiff on crouchers.
- s.D [2 hit] can be punished or rolled during the gap between the hits when it is blocked.
- far s.D can hop over low pokes.
- c.C is good anti-air and cancellable. On counterhit it combos with qcb+P and qcf,hcb+C. A good way to set up meaty hcb+K (another way is from far s.A anti-air against hops).
Strategy & Tips
QQ拳皇98UMFE - 2015兩岸大師賽 - 中國UP V.S 台灣ET (vs. Yuri/Orochi Chris) http://youtu.be/Z7fuvvHpOhE?t=2m51s
QQ拳皇98UMFE - 2015兩岸大師賽 - 中國UP V.S 台灣ET (vs. Orochi Chris) http://youtu.be/Z7fuvvHpOhE?t=7m53s