The King of Fighters 2002 UM/Blue Mary
- cl. A is chain-able to all A and B ground normals, plus on block
- cl. B hits low, chain-able to all A and B ground normals, if done as a meaty, can link into cl.C
- cl. C is a 2 hit normal, hits above her head. 1st hit is cancel-able into specials, supers, command normals. 2nd hit is cancel-able into specials and supers. Can also link into f.A or f.B. Good combo starter
- cl. D is an axe kick, hitbox starts above head, good for stopping jumps when used as a frame trap. 1st hit can cancel into BC mode or AAfBC super. 2nd hit is special, super, command normal cancel-able
- St. A is quick jab, good vs short hop pressure
- St. B is a great poking normal, maybe her best one. Can cancel into specials, supers, command normals but doesn’t combo into anything though.
- St. C is a spinning back fist. Good range but very slow. 1st or 2nd hit can cancel into specials, supers, commaad normals
- St. D is a pretty slow Sobat kick that has lower body invincibility. It's possible to combo into AAfBC if opponent is in corner
- Crouch A can cancel into special, supers and command normals
- Crouch B is fast, low, chains into itself. One of her best normals. Chain-able into all grounded A or B normals
- Crouch C is a fast shoulder tackle that has great range, is good combo starter and lowers her crouching hurtbox. It can combo into command normals, specials and supers
- Crouch D is a standard sweep, hits low and can whiff cancel into AAfBC super and is good for low profiling people hopping towards you
- Jump A is a quick punch, hits pretty low (not as low as j.d)
- Jump B is a jumping knee that hits in-front of her
- Jump C is a great jump-in starter. Best air normal.
- Neutral Jump C/D is a good air-to-air (nj.c hits higher and has a way better hitbox)
- Jump D is good for jump-ins, only real cross up option.
Victory Nage - b/f + C (close)
- Mary slams the opponent to the ground, then elbows them in the midscreen. The opponent lands a half screen distance away from Mary.
- Hard knockdown
- Can be teched
Head Throw - b/f + D (close)
- Mary throws the opponent towards the corner of the screen
- Soft knockdown
- Can be teched
Hammer Punch - (b/f + A)
- Overhead if done raw, and is a free cancel into supers.
- Great combo filler (if done after cl.C, cr.C, cl.D)
- Can combo into specials or supers.
- Has lower body invincibility before it hits
Double Rolling - (b/f + B)
- Second hit is low.
- great combo filler (distance dependent)
- Special, super cancel-able.
Spin Fall - (qcf + A/C)
- Mary front flips towards the opponent, hitting them with her heel. Can be used to evade some low height projectiles.
- A-version is an overhead.
┗M. Spider - (qcf + A/C)
- If the Spin Fall hits, this follow-up will make Mary command grab the opponent for a hard knockdown
Straight Slicer - Charge (b~f + B/D)
- Mary baseball slides towards the opponent. Can evade high height projectiles. Comes out fast and is active for a while. The light kick (B) travels half screen distance and hits low, while the heavy kick (D) travels 3/4ths screen distance and only hits low near the end. Both versions can combo from her command normals b/f+A or b/f+B. Punishable if the opponent blocks the slide up-close.
- B version is supercancellable.
┗Crab Clutch - (qcf + B/D)
- * Mary grabs and snaps the opponent's leg
- * Hard knockdown
┗Stun Fang - (qcf + A/C)
- * Mary shocks the opponent. The opponent lands a half screen distance away.
- * Hard knockdown
- ┗Spin Heel Attack - (u + D)
- Mary performs the Spin Fall attack on the fallen opponent
- Soft knockdown
- ┗Spin Heel Attack - (u + D)
Vertical Arrow - (dp + B/D)
- Mary rises up off the ground with a kick. Can be used as an anti-air and a reversal. The light kick version has a shorter height than the heavy kick version. Punishable if whiffed or blocked.
┗M. Snatcher - (dp + B/D)
- * This follow-up makes Mary perform a head scissors leg throw and causes them to land a half-screen distance away.
- * Hard and back-turned knockdown
M. Reverse Facelock - (qcb + B)
- Counters jumping attacks only
- Hard and back-turned knockdown
M. Head Buster - (qcb + D)
- Counters only attacks that aim at Mary's mid-section, either highs or lows
Real Counter - (qcb + A/C)
- Mary is completely invincible during this stance. But she does have a brief recovery period when the invincibility is over.
┗Backdrop Real - (hcf + A/C) close
- This is the 1f command throw follow up during the counter stance. You can use the Real Counter as an anti-air, reversal or as a counter move, then use this command throw to punish the opponent.
- Even at inhuman speed, Real counter > Backdrop real would be a 3f grab at best, which means just doing it fast is enough to combo into it, but inputting it as just b,qcb,f,P, qcb,hcf,P or qcbx2,f+P makes real counter and its follow-up come out instantly giving Mary an actual 1f grab to use in neutral as well. f,P means you need a standalone P at the end but while b,qcb,f+P,P works qcb,hcf+P,P doesn't since spin fall is in the way. b,qcb,f,P seems to be the most reliable way of doing it, and since it still counts as an actual special you can hold P to both use the button hold trick and make sure you get the standalone P.
- Possible explanation by Franck Frost: The only motion out of b,qcb,f,P that makes sense for Mary as far as the game knows is qcb+P (Real counter) so it does that but as it's doing so it also sees b,d,db,b,f,P -> b,d,f,P -> hcf,P (Backdrop Real) and I assume that's how you can trick the game into doing the follow-up instantly. A similar explanation works for the other two inputs
M. Dynamite Swing - (A, A, f, B, C)
- Can be used as an anti-air or reversal because of its fast start-up and an enormous invincibility window. You can hide the inputs during the recovery of many of her normals and special moves as it will cancel freely from otherwise uncancelable normals. Can be also done as A,f+A,B,C and A,A,f+B,C.
M. Splash Rose - (qcf hcb + A/C)
- This is a ranbu Desperation Move that can be combo after her command normals and heavy attack normals. It does have a small amount of invincibility when it starts.
M. Typhoon - (hcb x 2 + B/D) close
- This is a 1-frame command throw that can combo from her command normals and heavy attack normals.
Super Desperation Moves
M. Dynamite Swing - (A, A, b + B, C)
- A much damaging version of her regular DM, M. Dynamite Swing. Can be also done as A,b+A,B,C and A,A,b+B,C.
Hidden Super Desperation Move
M. Infinity Rose - Charge (b~f, b, f + BD)
- Mary uses her Straight Slicer slide to perform multiple submission holds to finish into her M. Splash Rose DM into her M. Snatcher.
- Can combo easily from her heavy cancel-able and command normals
- Has a small amount of invincibility before she slides towards the opponent
- You can add a jump-in to every combo that doesn't start with a low but you need a very deep jump-in or a cross-up to combo into b/f+B.
- You can do A,A,f,B,C as A,f+A,B,C or A,A,f+B,C. Same deal with A,A,b,B,C.
- Doing real counter and its follow-up as just b,qcb,f,P makes it an actual 1f grab you can use in neutral and combos. You need a standalone P, whether you do f+P,P or clean f,P. Just hold P to make sure.
- Rapidly doing qcb+P,qcf+P or qcb+P,hcf+P is enough for combos if you don't feel comfortable with b,qcb,f,P. More on it in #Special Moves
- Whichever way you're doing it, if the input is correct but you get real counter, do it faster.
- It'll be written as 1f grab down below.
- cr.B, cr.B/cl.B, dp+B > dp+K
( Getting the second light and still combo is fairly tight. )
- cr.Bx1~2, 1f grab
( Much more comfortable, your best low confirm into plenty of oki. )
- cl.C(1), b/f+A/B, b~f+K > (qcf+K / qcf+P>u+D)
( qcf+K is hard knockdown and give better oki while qcf+P>u+D is soft knockdown so worse oki but better damage. Use b+A to start charging b~f+K early. Default to this combo when meterless. )
- cl.C(1), b/f+A/B, 1f grab
( 1f grab gives slightly better oki and the same damage as b~f+K > qcf+K. )
- cl.C(1), b/f+A, dp+D > dp+K
( Only use this if you can't do the previous two. dp+D will whiff on crouching Bao and if you don't do it fast enough can also whiff on crouching Vice and Mature. )
- cr.B, cl.A/cr.A, A,A,f,B,C / hcbx2+K
( hcbx2+K does more damage but will be harder to input off a light )
- cl.C(1), b/f+A/B, qcf,hcb+P / hcbx2+K
( If you add a jump-in and use b/f+B, A,A,f,B,C will whiff out of corner. Just use qcf,hcb+P or hcbx2+K. )
- Starter = cl.C(1), b/f+A/B, BC run, cl.C(1), b/f+A/B
- If you're doing cl.C(1), b/f+A, BC, cl.C(1), b/f+A, you can just walk, no need to run.
- After a jump-in the run to get cl.C(1), b/f+B, BC run, cl.C(1), b/f+B is very tight.
- b~f+K > qcf+P, (C) dp+B(1), (SC) A,A,f,B,C can be done as b~f+K > qcf+A, A, (C)dp+B(1), C and b~f+K > qcf+A, A, (C)dp+B(1), b,B,C for the SDM
- cr.B, dp+B(1), (SC) qcf hcb+P / A,A,f,B,C
- cl.C(1), b/f+A/B, b~f+B, (SC) any DM
- Starter , b~f+K > qcf+P, (C) dp+B(1), qcf,hcb+C
- (Corner) Starter, b~f+K > qcf+P, (C) dp+B(1), (SC) A,A,f,B,C
- cr.B, cl.A/cr.A, A,A,b,B,C
- cl.C(1), b/f+A/B, (A,A,b,B,C / b~f,b,f+BD)
( You need the corner if you use b/f+B and A,A,b,B,C )
- Starter, (A,A,b,B,C / b~f,b,f+BD)
- (Corner) Starter, b~f+K > qcf+P, (C) dp+B(1), (SC) A,A,b,B,C
Mary -Max- combos by Franck Frost
Discuss at 02UM Discord server
Discuss at Dream Cancel
Discuss at Orochinagi