The King of Fighters 2002 UM/Maxima
- cl. A/B/C/D are cancel-able.
- Close A chains into other light normals.
- Close C does two hits, it also the combo starter of choice because of it's hit-stun, links into all of his command normals after the first hit.
- Close D can also start combos but has a slower start-up than Close C.
- Stand A whiffs on crouch opponents.
- All of his Stand normals are not cancel-able.
- Stand A may look cancel-able but it just has a very quick recovery time.
- Stand B/C/D can used as pokes but you have to space them well.
- cr.A/B/C are whiff/cancel-able.
- Crouch A is chain-able.
- Crouch B hits low.
- Crouch C can be used to start combos from a crouch attack.
- Crouch D is fast and sweeps the opponent onto the ground.
- Jump-in B/C/D all cross up.
- Jump-in C has a very large hitbox making it difficult to counter, meaty attack.
- Neutral jump C does a lot of hit-stun and can start combos.
- Jump A is an instant overhead (hh.A).
- CD goes far and can attacks be used to close the gap for a whiff cancel special attack, cancel-able/whiff cancel-able are soon as his arms are near his waist.
- JCD is powerful but has very short range, meaty attack if used correctly.
Dynamite Headbutt - (b/f+C) close
- Maxima grabs the opponent then dropkicks them away.
- Can be broken
- Regular knockdown
Choking Vice - (b/f+D) close
- Maxima grabs the opponent then breaks their neck making them collapse to the ground, stand normals and Mongolian can be used as follow-up attacks if timed right.
- Can be broken
- Reverse knockdown
- Combos into: Stand Normals, Mongolian (f+A)
Mongolian - (f+A)
- Maxima steps forward to hit the opponent on the head with his arms, slow start-up and the recovery isn't much better either, works very well after strong normals and can be used to start or link moves together, when used alone it's an overhead attack but isn't cancel-able by itself, raw hit alone it can be super canceled into his Maxima Revenger (hcbx2+K), it can cancel in special attacks but it requires you to Max Mode bypass Mongolian on hit first, if you are familiar with Max Mode bypass this will allow Maxima to combo this command normal into his Viper M4 Kata Cannon (qcb+P), M11 Kata Dangerous Arch (hcf+K), and his System 1-2: Maxima Scramble (qcf+P) rekkas.
- Overhead Attack
- Free Cancel-able but only if you cancel into it first
- Super Cancel-able on Hit
- Combos from: Choking Vice (b/f+D), Stand/Crouch C
- Combos into: (Max Mode Bypass only) Viper M4 Kata Cannon (qcb+P), M11 Kata Dangerous Arch (hcf+K), System 1-2: Maxima Scramble (qcf+P) rekkas
M9 Kata Maxima Missile (Shisaku) - (df+C)
- Maxima thrusts his right arm into the air hitting the opponent once, a great anti-air poke with a myriad of uses, off of raw hit on a grounded opponent it doesn't have that many uses and is more likely to put Maxima in range to be easily punished because of the chance that you'll whiff, and on a crouching opponent you'll completely whiff so that's never an option, now in terms of good use it's an anti-air poke, when used on a airborne opponent you have a couple options to continue with, if done mid range you can follow-up with his M4 Missle Cannon (dp+A) or his M19 Kata Blitz Cannon (dp+K) but it requires you to do his GCAB (Guard Cancel Roll), however if you score a counter-hit you may be able to look past using the GCAB, both of his dp attacks work on a cornered jumping opponent, he can also combo into his Viper M4 Kata Cannon (qcb+P).
- Anti-air poke
- Free Cancel-able
- Combos from: Stand/Crouch C
- Combos into: (CH/GCAB/Corner) M4 Missle Cannon (dp+A), M19 Kata Blitz Cannon (dp+K), Viper M4 Kata Cannon (qcb+P)
Viper M4 Kata Cannon - (qcb+A/C)
M4 Missle Cannon - (dp+A/C)
M11 Kata Dangerous Arch - (hcf+B/D) close
M19 Kata Blitz Cannon - (dp+B/D)
System 1-2: Maxima Scramble - (qcf+A/C)
┗Double Bomber System 1-2 - (qcf+A/C)
>┗Bulldogs Press - (qcf+A/C)
System 3: Maxima Lift - (hcb+B/D)
┗Centoun Press: System 3 - (f+B/D)
Maxima Revenger - hcb, hcb + B/D
Bunker Buster - qcf, hcb + A/C
M2 Kata Maxima Beam - f, hcf + A/C
Super Desperation Moves
Maxima Revenger - hcb, hcb + BD
Archenemy - hcf, hcf+BD
Hidden Super Desperation
End of World charge b ~ f, b, f + A + B + C + D