The King of Fighters 2002 UM/Kyo-1
Issestu Seoi Nage - close, / +
Ura 108 Shiki Orochinagi - + /
Super Desperation Move
Hidden Super Desperation Move
(jump-in or cr.B), cr.B, st.B, qcb+A = 18%
(deep jump-in or cross-up), cl.C, f+A, qcb+A = 30%
cr.Bx1~2, st.B, qcfx2+A = 28~31%
(jump-in), cl.C, f+A, qcfx2+A = 40%
(jump-in or cr.B), cr.B, st.B, qcb+A(2), (SC) qcfx2+A = 38%
(deep jump-in or cross-up), cl.C, f+A, qcb+A(2), (SC) qcfx2+A = 50%
(jump-in), cl.C, f+A, qcb,hcf+BD = 60%
- cl.A/B/C/D are cancel-able
- Standing A/B has short reach and is cancel-able
- Standing A is good for stopping incoming hops
- Standing C is a backhand punch that is not cancel-able
- Standing D is a sobat kick that has lower body invincibility
- cr. A/B/C is cancel-able
- cr. B hits low
- cr. C is a uppercut that has the same animation as Kusanagi's qcb+P
- cr. D is a very fast sweep that is cancel-able and whiff cancel-able
- Jumping A is ok air-to-air and does nice and easy cross up
- Jumping B is a good air-to-ground tool especially during hops
- Jumping C crosses-up
- Jumping D is good to use as an air-to-air attack
- Standing CD comes out slow, Decent range
- Standing CD can OTG special moves(Dark Thrust) and DM's can combo if the opponent does not ground tech
- Jumping CD can be used as an air-to-air and is good use for applying pressure
Anvil Slam - (b/f + C close)
- Kyo-1 grabs the opponent and performs a shoulder thrust knocking them back.
- Standard knockdown
- Can be broken
Swift Shoulder Throw - (b/f + D close)
- Kyo-1 flips the opponent and follows up with an elbow drop.
- Standard grab
- Can be broken
Kurokami - (f + A)
- Kyo-1 steps in while shifting his body forward and strikes(Like a flame-less Poison Gnaw Fest). Kurokami is a decent command move due to it being able to cancel all special moves,DM's, SDM,and HSDM. It do not come out slow nor fast, and its one of the very few pokes he has. Kurokami can be mainly utilized as an poke and pressure tool.
- Some cons about this move is that although it can cancel into all of his specials, it will not combo into some specials (Dark Thrust and New wave Smash)and his SDM(Serpent Wave). It is also punish-able if performed up close on block and if the opponent has a move that can reach him during his recovery.
- Free Cancel-able
Honofuri - (f + B)
- Kyo-1 takes two steps forward and uses his elbow to perform a overhead. Honofuri is a tricky overhead that has good speed and it deals good damage.
- Overhead Attack
- Special Cancel-able when cancelled into. Overhead property is lost but the move doesn't combo from any of his normals still.
- Better suited as a Max mode starter (e.g. f+B, f+A~)
Instantaneous Smash - (df + C)
- Kyo-1 strikes bends down to his knees and strikes the ground(OTG). When you perform a BnB or any combo that knocks an opponent to the ground and they fail to tech, Instantaneous Smash is the best tool to punish.
- Has push-back if blocked but can be punished by special moves that can reach Kyo-1 during his recovery.
- Hits Low
- OTG (On The Ground) OK
Dark Thrust - qcf + A/C
- Kyo-1 creates a fire in his hand and spikes it to the floor traveling towards the opponent. Unlike most projectiles Dark thrust comes out very slow and Can connect even if opponent is down. When you perform a combo and cannot reach the opponent for a df+C its best to resort to dark thrust for the OTG damage. It also has bad recovery so be mindful when using to zone.
- OTG OK
Spinning Kick - dp + B/D
- Kyo-1 performs a jumping roundhouse kick(B Version), Kyo-1 performs a two aerial roundhouse kicks and Knocks the opponents hard to the ground bry ending with an somersault heel kick. Spinning kick is Kyo-1 best special attack. It has most damage(varies from B or D), Combos from an launch, and its B version can be used as an anti-air. Spinning kick is primarily used in his BnB due to the lack of speed and reach most of his special attacks have.
New Wave Smash - qcf + B/D~K
- Kyo-1 Performs a rising kick and can follow up with another airborne. New wave Smash (Like every other variation) is primarily used as a launch attack. Kyo-1's New wave Smash is fast but has poor range. The strong variant launches the opponent higher into the air and allows follow-ups because of the juggle after the second kick. The weak version also juggles but the follow-up will only hit while they're still about a neutral jumps distance from the ground.
Blue Ogre - qcb + A/C
- Kyo-1 dashes forward while striking with his elbow and if it connects he performs a rising shoulder attack. It comes out very fast and is super cancel-able. Some drawbacks that this special move has is that its reach is very poor and leaves Kyo-1 completely open if blocked/whiff. Its best to use Blue Ogre as a punish tool.
- Super Cancel-able
Serpent Wave - qcb, hcf + A/C(Push down to hold)
- Kyo-1 Creates a small flame in his palm and then throws creating a large spark knocking the opponent back. Serpent Wave is on of the main reasons why Kyo-1 is dangerous at close range. It does good damage, can be canceled/combo into from a majority of his moves set, and has good range. When holding down on A/C the damage will not increase nor will it become unblock-able. A version has lower body invincibility and its C version has upper body invincibility and is great for punishing predicted jump-in's.
Vermilion Heaven Exorcism - qcf x 2 + A/C
- Kyo-1 smashes the ground then a large flame circle his hand then swiftly burn across the ground. VHE (abbreviation) is a combination of his Instantaneous Smash and Dark Thrust and share both properties. The versions A/C dictate its effects. A version comes out very fast compared to his C, It launches the opponent airborne and can combo into. The C version is very slow, Has very great hit-stun, and cannot combo. Even though the C version takes longer the damage does not change.
- OTG OK
Super Desperation Move
Serpent Wave - qcb, hcf + A/C
- Kyo-1 mimics the same motions as his DM version but is completely surrounded with flames upon its completion. SDM version of Serpent wave has very little difference compared to his DM version. SDM version is slower, It has full body invincibility, and its damage significantly increase.
Hidden Super Desperation Move
Tenuuzan - qcb, hcf + BD
- Kyo-1 Holds flames in his hand and instead of throwing them instantly he performs a heavy/swift strike then unleashes a barrage of flames knocking the opponent away. Tenuuzan does not have the invincibility of his DM and SDM versions, deals very good damage, and like his other versions it can combo from a majority of his BnB's and normals.
You can add a jump-in to every combo. In which case it's best to remove one cr.B at the start.
cl.C, f+A, qcb+A whiffs on Bao and crouching(Benimaru, Athena) but it'll land on standing Bao in the corner.
- Adding a jump-in has to be fairly deep or cross-up on the rest of these characters.
cl.C, f+A, dp+D whiffs on every character crouching except Daimon, Chang, Seth, Whip and Xiangfei.
- If not in the corner, it'll also whiff on standing(Yuri, King, Terry, Joe, Athena, Kensou, Bao, Chris, Kim, Chin, May Lee, Mai).
★ cr.Bx1~2, st.B, qcb+A
- Reliable meterless bnb off a good hitconfirm with decent damage and oki despite qcb+A's soft knockdown. Remove a cr.B against crouching Bao. 18~21%.
★ cr.Bx1~2, st.B, dp+D
- Better damage and oki with dp+D's hard knockdown but it whiffs on every character crouching except Daimon, Chang, Maxima, Seth, Whip and Xiangfei. Default to this if you can confirm the opponent is standing. 23~26%.
- cl.C, f+A, qcb+A / dp+D
- Better damage but less consistent than the low versions as noted at the top. Removing f+A is safer when unsure, although the lack of confirm would then make this best after a jump-in or as a punish. With f+A, 30/35%.
★ cl.C, qcf+D>K, run, dp+D
- More reliable route to land dp+D. Use a cross-up jump-in if not in the corner. No need to run in the corner, otherwise delaying the second kick of qcf+D helps. If you end close to the corner you can add an OTG df+C or the slower but more damaging qcf+C. Without OTG, 31%.
★ cr.Bx1~2, st.B, qcfx2+A
- Easy 1 bar conversion with good damage and great carry from qcfx2+A though not so great oki if far from the corner. Do it as cr.B, qcf, st.B, qcf+A. 28~31%.
★ cl.C, f+A, qcfx2+A
- Better damage than the low version and perfectly consistent thanks to qcfx2+A's great range. qcfx2+A's 2nd hit won't connect when in dead corner, use qcf,hcb+C in that case. 40%.
- cl.C, qcf+D>K, qcfx2+A / qcb,hcf+P
- Worse damage and confirm than the previous route, no reason to use this outside of the cool factor of watching the opponent fall on qcfx2+A. You can run before doing it but you really just have to delay qcfx2+A to land it before the opponent can recovery roll and punish your eventual super. qcf,hcb+P is easier to use but no cool factor. 36/37%.
★ cl.C, qcf+D>K, run, dp+D, OTG qcfx2+A
- Good damage but peculiar to add a non cross-up jump-in outside of the corner. If you start too far from the corner you'll have to run both before dp+D and after it while buffering super as qcf, f, qcf+A. 45%.
- cl.C, qcf+D > delay K, raw BC, qcb+A(1), (SC) qcb,hcf+P
- Decent damage but no reason to use this over the more damaging and easier previous combo. Do the SC as qcb+A(1), (SC) qcf+P. 38%.
- cl.C, qcf+D > delay K, raw BC, qcb+A(1), (C) dp+D, OTG qcfx2+A
- A bit better damage but still no reason to use this over the non-max version. 43%.
Replace cl.C, f+A, BC run, cl.C, qcb+A(2) by cr.B, cr.B/st.B, st.BC, qcb+A(2) in max combos for a low starter. For consistency,
- Remove a cr.B against crouching Bao
- Cancel qcb+A on the first hit against crouching Jhun unless you either run in closer if you're using cl.C or remove a cr.B if you're doing the low starter.
★ cr.Bx1~2, st.B, qcb+A(2), (SC) qcfx2+A
- Easy 2 bar conversion with a solid confirm, good damage and great carry. Remove a cr.B against crouching(Bao, Jhun). 38~41%.
- cl.C, f+A, qcb+A(2), (SC) qcfx2+A
- Better damage but less consistent than the low versions as noted at the top. Removing f+A is safer when unsure, although the lack of confirm would then make this best after a jump-in or as a punish. With f+A, 50%.
- [(cr.Bx2, st.B) / (cl.C, f+A)], qcb+A(1), (SC) qcb,hcf+C
- qcb+A's 2nd hit whiffs against crouching Jhun after (cl.C, f+A) or (cr.Bx2,st.B). This is the version to use against him if you want to keep the full hitconfirm. Do the SC as qcb+A, (SC) qcf+C. 35/44%.
★ cl.C, f+A, BC run, cl.C, qcb+A(2), (C) qcf+D>K, run, qcb+A(1), (SC) qcb,hcf+P
- Good damage for a short basic route. If you delay qcf+D's 2nd kick you can use qcb+C instead of the last qcb+A for more damage but a harder link. With qcb+A, 50%.
- cl.C, f+A, BC run, cl.C, qcb+A(2), (C) qcf+D>K, run, qcb+A(1), (C) dp+D, OTG qcfx2+A
- Less damage and harder but better carry and oki so worth considering. If you delay qcf+D's 2nd kick you can use qcb+C instead of the last qcb+A for more damage but a harder link. With qcb+A, 48%.
★ cl.C, qcf+D > delay K, raw BC, qcb+A(1~2), (SC) qcb,hcf+AC
- Great damage on a fairly easy and cheap conversion. If you do qcb+A(1) you can do the SC as just qcf+AC. Up to 62%.
- cl.C, qcf+D > delay K, raw BC, qcb+A(1), (SC) qcb,hcf+AC(2), dp+D, OTG qcf+C
- Optimized version of the previous combo. Not specially hard, just some good timing needed, you have to land qcb+A low enough for super to do 3 flamebody hits then let go right after. Doesn't work on Angel, Maxima and May Lee. Best route Kyo-1 has. 85%.
- cl.C, f+A, BC run, cl.C, qcb+A(2), (C) qcf+D > delay K, backdash or walk back, qcb+A(1), qcf+B>K, qcb+C(1), (C) dp+D, OTG qcfx2+A
- Harder juggle but barely worth the damage compared to the previous choices. Only good points being a better confirm and range. The backdash/walk are just to help with timing, they aren't mandatory. 53%.
- cl.C, f+A, BC run, cl.C, qcb+A(2), (C) qcf+D > delay K, backdash or walk back, qcb+A(1), qcf+B>K, backdash or walk back, qcb+A(1), qcf+B>K, qcb+C(1), (SC) qcb,hcf+P
- Longer loop. The backdash/walk are just to help with timing, they aren't mandatory. Input the SC as qcb+C(1), (SC) qcf+P. 56%.
- cl.C, f+A, qcb,hcf+BD
- Basic 3 bar conversion with decent damage. 60%.
- [(cr.B, st.B) / cl.C], df+C, qcb+BC, qcf+BD (max bypass)
- A bit more damaging version. 57/60%
- cl.C, f+A, BC run, cl.C, qcb+A(2), (C) qcf+D>K, qcb,hcf+BD
- Easy max route, although it does less damage when too close the corner. Outside the corner, 69%.
- cl.C, f+A, BC run, cl.C, qcb+A(2), (C) qcf+D>K, run, qcb+A(1~2), (SC) qcb,hcf+AC
- Basic 3 bar max route to default to. If you do qcb+A(1) you can then SC as qcf+AC. You need to just slightly hold the super to get one flamebody hit then let go. 70~72%.
- cl.C, qcf+D > delay K, raw BC, qcb+A(1), (SC) qcb,hcf+AC(2), dp+D, OTG qcfx2+A
- 3 bar version of the optimized corner route. Land qcb+A low enough to get 3 flamebody hits then let go. The extra damage isn't worth the meter compared to the 2 bar version. Doesn't work on Angel, Maxima and May Lee. 89%.
- cl.C, f+A, BC run, cl.C, qcb+A(2), (C) qcf+D > delay K, backdash or walk back, qcb+A(1), qcf+B>K, backdash or walk back, qcb+A(1), qcf+B>K, qcb+C(1), (SC) qcb,hcf+AC
- 3 bar version of the loop route. Interesting damage but the hassle is more than its worth. The backdash/walk are just to help with timing, they aren't mandatory. Up to 80%.
- j.A, j.B and j.C can all be used to crossup. j.C won't work on crouching opponents aside from Daimon, Maxima, Chang. j.A is the better and most consistent option.
- qcfx2+C DM will stun the opponent allowing a followup if only the fireball part hits them (hits low). qcfx2+C has invincibility.
- qcb,hcf+BD has complete invincibility until you let it go (can be held by holding BD)
- qcb,hcf+A has lower body invincibility, C version has upper body.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7794573 >copy and paste here, http://mmcafe.com/nico.html
Check Kyo-1's frame data
Discuss at 02UM Discord server
Discuss at Dream Cancel