Leona Crush - close, / +
Ordeal Buckler - close, / +
Heidern Inferno - close in air, / / + /
Strike Arch - / +
Moon Slasher - charge ~ + /
Baltic Launcher - charge ~ + /
X-Caliber - in air, + /
Grand Saber - charge ~ + /
- Gliding Buster - after version only, +
Earring Bomb - + /
Heart Attack - + /
- Explode - + /
V-Slasher - in air, + /
Rebel Spark - + /
Grateful Dead - + /
Kakusei - +
Super Desperation Moves
V-Slasher - in air, +
Rebel Spark - in Orochi Mode, +
Hidden Super Desperation Move
Dead End Inferno - +
Quick Starter Combo Reference
cr.B×1~2, cr.A, d~u+C = 21~24%
(optional cross-up), cl.D(1), rdp+K, cr.C, d~u+C = 30%
(jump-in), cl.D(1), rdp+K, cl.C, f+B, air qcb+A = 33%
(jump-in), cr.C, f+B, air qcf hcb+C = 37%
(optional cross-up), cl.D(1), rdp+K, cl.C, f+B, air qcf hcb+C = 45%
cr.Bx2~3, d~u+BC, (C) b~f+D > f+D(2) (SC) air qcf hcb+P = 50%
• Note: Do the charge cancel as cr.Bx2~3, ub+BC, (C) f+D(2).
cr.Bx2~3, d~u+BC, (C) b~f+D > f+D(2) (SC) air qcf hcb+AC = 62%
• Note: Do the charge cancel as cr.Bx2~3, ub+BC, (C) f+D(2).
- cl.A/B/C/D are cancelable
- cl.A is very fast to start and recover, making it a good button to mash out of close-up pressure.
- cl.B is on the slow side but very active so it could pass as an okay meaty.
- cl.C does good damage with 2 cancelable hits but is very slow and pretty inconsistent on crouchers. The second hit will whiff on Bao and crouching (Andy, Joe, Benimaru, Iori, Mature, Vice, Kensou, Yuri, Yashiro, Chris, Kim, Kula, Jhun, Terry, Ralf, Clark, Ryo, Takuma, Shermie, May Lee, Daimon). It doesn't whiff on Ex Takuma, the other Ex chars behave the same as their regular form. On all these you'd want to use cl.D to keep the 2 hits or cr.C for more damage.
- cl.D is a bit faster than cl.C, though still on the slow end but also has 2 cancellable hits and is much more consistent so it's the less damaging but safer pick behind cr.C. Good to note that on top of having low invuln early in start-up all the way until recovery, the 1st hit has no pushback, making it the perfect starter into rdp+K combos.
- st.C is cancelable.
- st.A is a classic high standing jab with good range, great speed and priority, your main anti-air button. Note that it whiffs on every croucher but Chang, Daimon, Maxima.
- st.B is another fast poke with a bit more range than st.A but lacking in priority, still a decent anti-air button. Hitting just as high as st.A, st.B also whiffs on everyone crouching but Chang, Daimon, Maxima
- st.C has better range, even moving Leona forward. Somewhat slow but its great priority and ability to whiff cancel into qcb+B make it pretty decent. Whiffs on low crouchers.
- st.D has by far the most range and an interesting low invuln as she goes up halfway into the start-up until she comes back down. However, it is way too slow to find much use over her other buttons. Whiffs on low crouchers.
- cr.A and the first part of cr.C are cancelable
- cr.A is fast, got decent range and priority and can chain into itself and other lights. Great poke
- cr.B is fast, has great reach and can chain into itself and other lights. Leona's best poke
- cr.C is fast but its lack of horizontal range makes it prone to whiffing at dangerous ranges. Its good vertical range deserves a mention but the lack of priority makes it a mediocre anti-air. It gets full invuln very briefly near the end of the recovery for some reason.
- cr.D is a fast and long sweep with decent priority but isn't cancelable so prone to being punished if done too close.
- All her jump-ins but j.C and nj.C are cancelable. All her jump-ins but j.B are deep enough not to whiff on any croucher on the way down as jump-ins as opposed to on the way up as instant overheads.
- Despite its look, j.A doesn't hit very low but is like a scratch with great range right in front of her. Identical otherwise, hop A has good priority and can instant overhead every character but low crouchers while j.A has a big hurtbox all around the hit.
- nj.A is very fast and very active. Too lacking in range to be useful in air fights but it's her fastest instant overhead though it'd whiff on tiny crouchers.
- j.B is a very active high-angle kick that lacks priority but its amazing speed certainly makes up for it in close range air fights. Whiffs on low crouchers.
- nj.B is a very active upside down kick with good priority but too slow to get any relevant use.
- j.C and hop C can both cross-up and have the same small range but hop C is much faster with much better air-to-air priority making it double as an instant overhead that will land on everyone. hop C isn't cancelable so it's her main instant overhead to jump away with.
- nj.C is a hammer punch with good priority that can instant overheard all but tiny crouchers.
- j.D and hop D both have good range, priority and height for both air-to-air and air-to-ground, great for jumping in and out. However, hop D is faster and more active, instant overhead on everyone but low crouchers.
- nj.D is a fast downward kick with good priority for anti-air and is her main instant overhead to convert into V-slasher on every character but tiny crouchers.
- st.CD has ok speed, moves her forward for better range but is barely active with somewhat bad recovery and only decent priority. A pretty bad st.CD.
- J.CD has decent speed, priority, and good reach. It's a good tool to force your way in.
Leona Crush - (b/f + C)
- Leona punches through the opponents chest and rips her hand out.
- Can be broken
- Regular knockdown
Ordeal Buckler - (b/f + D)
- Leona grabs her foe by their head and looks behind herself then hurls them in the opposite direction.
- Can be broken
- Reverse knockdown
Heidern Inferno - (b/d/f + C/D) in air
- Leona grabs the opponent in mid-air with her feet then kicks them to the ground.
- Can't be broken
- Regular knockdown
Strike Arch - (f + B)
- Leona does a spinning heel kick. Strike Arch is Leonas only command attack and it happens to be all that she needs since it proves to be a all purpose attack.
- Strike Arch has decent speed which makes it a very good overhead and primary tool when doing mix-ups, in addition it is a hard knockdown preventing opponents to tech roll.
- Strike arch can combo into Leona's X-Caliber and her V-Slasher SDM.
- Also when Leona is performing Strike Arch she is airbourne and cannot be regular/command grab unless from a air grab (Daimon and Clark).
Moon Slasher - (charge d~u + A/C)
- Leona does a circular slash motion swiftly creating a blue flash.
- Moon slasher hitbox is completely covers her body which allows Leona to stop any type of cross-up attempts.
- Moon Slasher comes out very fast and its C version moves her forward and has a higher vertical hitbox making it a really good anti-air to prevent any jump-in attempts, but it comes out a little slower than her A version, her A version is her fastest attack that works very well to stop short/bunny hop pressure in its tracks.
Voltaic Launcher - (charge b~f + A/C)
- Leona streches her arms to create a energy blade ball (C version leona jumps toward the foe with the blade ball being manipulated).
- Voltaic Launcher is useful in keeping the opponent at a distance. If the ball hits the opponent you can follow up with Revolver spark when mid screen, if the you manage connect the VL when the foe is in the corner you can follow up with ANY attack other than another VL.
X-Caliber - (qcb + A/C) in air
- Leona makes a cross motion with her arms creating a blade.
- X-Caliber is a projectile but does not have much use outside of a follow up combo from her Strike arch.
- It can be used as a tool to build meter safely however.
Grand Saber - charge b~f + B/D
- Leona dashes toward the foe and performs a half crescent slash. Grand saber can go under some projectiles and if she connects while the foe is near the corner, Leona can follow up with a special attack, DM, or SDM.
┗Gliding Buster - f + B/D after D version only
- Leona follows up with a backflip slash attack. Gliding buster is a tri pronged attack and moves leona forward through the air. It is also super cancel-able so it can be followed up with a V-Slasher.
Earring Explosive - (qcb + B/D)
- Leona takes a earring out of her ear and toss it towards the opponent. This is a unique projectile.
- When the earring is airbourne it has a mid hit detection and when it begins to bounce on the ground it is a low hit detection.
- In addition, Leona can follow up with grand saber making it a very deadly projectile.
Heart Attack - (rdp + B/D close)
- Leona takes a earring explosive and sticks it to the foe flashing its coming detonation (7 flashes).
- This special move is very unique. when embedded into the foe it becomes an unblockable explosion.
- In addition when performed in a combo string it can can reset your combo allowing you to perform another combo. (NOTE: The explosion can be avoided if the opponent rolls or if you or the opponent does a regular throw.
┗Explode - rdp + B/D
- Leona detonates the earring early.
V-Slasher - (qcf hcb + A/C) in air
- Leona cuts through the opponent creating a V.
- V-Slasher is Leona's most reliable DM.
- When doing a combo string that involve Strike arch, Leona is considered airbourne which allows you to freely link V-Slasher.
- This DM is best utilized in combos, when you can predict a projectile, and in a air-to-air situation.
Rebel Spark - (qcb hcf + B/D)
- Leona dashes toward the opponent and pierce them with a already active earring then steps back and detonates it.
- Rebel spark is a standard running DM.
- Rebel Spark can link after most of Leona's special attacks.
Grateful Dead - (qcf x 2 + A/C)
- Leona vaults toward the opponent and places her hand on the opponent's head and drains their energy.
- Grateful Dead is a hit grab Leona has ways to combo into.
- This attack can also grab an opponent out of the air.
Awakening - (u,d,u,d,u,d + BD)
- Leona screams as her Orochi blood suddenly takes control of her mind. The install lasts 11f and is fully invincible.
- Due to Leona's feral disposition her stance changes, she becomes significantly faster, gains an SDM and her jump arc is altered as well. Leona can super jump full screen swiftly making it difficult for a character that zones/plays keep away but to activate this mode will cost Leona 50% of her health so its best to utilize this mode when she is near her limit.
- She transforms and loses 50% of her hp only if the move isn't interrupted
- Fastest walk, run, and jumps in the game.
Super Desperation Moves
V-Slasher - (qcf hcb + AC) in air
- Leona perform the same motion as her DM version. V-Slasher SDM version is significantly faster than her DM version and does more damage.
Rebel Spark - (qcb hcf + BD)
- Leona runs on all four's toward the foe and penetrates them with a explosive and then backs up and let out a feral scream as the earring ignites then explodes.
- Riot of Blood's Rebal spark is similar to the original version in every way except the difference in damage output which is more in her mode.
- Riot of Blood mode only
Hidden Super Desperation Move
Dead End Inferno - (qcf hcb + BD)
- Leona runs toward the opponent slashing them then kicking them into the air where she then crushes them into the wall and finally Leona turns into her Riot of Blood Mode. *If Leona is already in her mode she crushes the foe into the wall twice then returns to normal.
- Dead End Inferno can be comboed into and unlike her quick activation it will not consume 50% of Leona's health.
- Transforms her into Riot of Blood mode, if she's already transformed she'll revert back to normal
Reminder that old KoF hit counter is a bit dumb, it'll always reset after grabs and "hits that don't do damage" like rdp+K. To practice the links after rdp+K put counter on in the training menu and if the counter prop pops more than once then you did drop the link, if it doesn't you're fine.
cl.C's 2nd hit whiffs on Bao and crouching (Andy, Joe, Benimaru, Iori, Mature, Vice, Kensou, Yuri, Yashiro, Chris, Kim, Kula, Jhun, Terry, Ralf, Clark, Ryo, Takuma, Shermie, May Lee, Daimon). It doesn't whiff on Ex Takuma, the other Ex chars behave the same as their regular form. Use cl.D against these to keep the 2 hits or cr.C for more damage.
★ cr.B×1~2, cr.A, d~u+C (demo)
- Main bnb, simple and reliable. Remove one cr.B if not point-blank, like after a jump-in though using cr.C instead after a jump-in is preferred if you can confirm it.
- Less range but much safer on block than the previous route. Use it point-blank if you aren't confident in your hitconfirm or your cr.B, cr.A chain. Remove cr.B if not point-blank.
- cl.D(1), rdp+K, cr.B×1~2, cr.A, d~u+C
- Extension of the main bnb if you can land a cl.D in a scramble or as a punish. rdp+K is minus on block but the pushback can make it awkward to punish without proper labbing. rdp+K to cr.B is an 11f link.
★ cl.D(1), rdp+K, cr.C, d~u+C (demo)
- Shorter and more damaging version. On the very tip of cl.D(1), the cancelable part of cr.C will miss making it unsafe on hit, minor issue you can fix by just micro walking before cr.C. rdp+K to cr.C is an 11f link.
- cl.D(1), rdp+K, cl.D(2), f+B, air qcb+A
- Good corner route. rdp+K to cl.D is an 8f link.
★ cl.D(1), rdp+K, cl.C, f+B, air qcb+A (demo)
- More damaging version, default to this one. On the very tip of cl.D(1), you can stick to cl.C(1) or just walk up before doing cl.C(2) to keep full damage. rdp+K to cl.C is a 7f link.
★ cr.C, f+B, air qcf hcb+C
- Nice and simple 1 bar. Default to this in a scramble, a tight punish or after a jump-in. Stop at f+B on block to be mostly safe. Use cl.D for a less damaging but easier and better confirm.
★ cl.D(1), rdp+K, cl.C, f+B, air qcf hcb+C
- Great 1 bar extension, easy, damaging, and doubles as set-play with the bomb on the opponent about to explode and them having very small chances to stop it if you just super jump away.
You can always use cl.C(2) instead of the cr.C before a max run for more damage but harder max run. Note that you can't do cl.C(2), BC run, cl.C(2) but only cl.C(2), BC run, cr.C instead.
You can use d~u+A instead of d~u+C in max combos but it tends to be more restrictive and harder on top of doing less damage. Only use it if you feel uncomfortable with d~u+C.
- cr.Bx2~3, d~u+BC (SC) qcb hcf+K (demo)
- You'd do it as cr.Bx2~3, qcb, ub+BC, (SC) qcf+K but it's very finicky. 40%.
- cl.D(1), rdp+K, cl.D(2), BC run, cl.C(2), f+B, air qcf hcb+C, Explode (demo)
- You need to do it exactly this way to get the explosion within the combo, thus the best damage. The best not being much, 53%.
★ cr.C, BC run, cl.D(1), rdp+K, d~u+C, (C) b~f+D > f+D(2) (SC) air qcf hcb+P (demo)
- Decent damage but not much of a confirm so best after a jump-in. You can add a cr.A or cl.D(1) after rdp+K. Do the charge cancel as db, ub+C, (C) f+D(2). 54%.
- cl.D(1), rdp+K, cr.C, BC run, cl.D(1), d~u+C, (C) b~f+D > f+D(2) (SC) air qcf hcb+P, Explode (demo)
- Much harder but getting the explosion within the combo makes this much more damaging. You can use cl.D(2) instead of cr.C to get 2 hits to confirm into the max run but you'll then need a longer run. 71%.
- cr.Bx2~3, d~u+BC (SC) qcfx2+P
- You'd do it as cr.Bx2~3, qcf, uf+BC (SC) qcf+P but it's utterly useless so don't.
★ cr.Bx2~3, d~u+BC, (C) b~f+D > f+D(2) (SC) air qcf hcb+P (demo)
- Only reliable low max conversion. Charge d or db during the chain then ub+BC, (C) f+D(2). 50%.
★ cr.C, BC run, cl.D(1), rdp+K, cl.C(2), (C) d~u+C, (C) b~f+D > f+D(2) (SC) air qcf hcb+P, Explode (demo)
- Excellent damage but not much of a confirm so best after a jump-in. Do the charge cancel as db, ub+C, (C) f+D(2). 70%.
- cl.D(1), rdp+K, cr.C, BC run, cl.C(2), (C) d~u+C, (C) b~f+D > f+D(2) (SC) air qcf hcb+P, Explode (demo)
- Much harder, a bit more damage but mostly a better confirm. You can use cr.C instead of cl.C(2) if you find it easier, it's the same damage. 74%.
- cr.C, f+B, air qcf hcb+AC (demo)
- Nice and simple 3 bar. Pretty meh damage so default to this only if you don't want to risk max. Stop at f+B on block to be mostly safe. Use cl.D for a slower and less damaging but easier confirm. 48%.
- cl.D(1), rdp+K, cr.C, BC run, cr.C, qcf hcb+BD (demo)
- A decent way to combo into HDSM, transforming you into O.Leona for the rest of the match. Classic recipe of a Leona comeback. Use cl.D instead of both cr.C for an easier but less damaging combo. 64%
★ cl.D(1), rdp+K, cl.C, f+B, air qcf hcb+AC, Explode (demo)
- Great 3 bar extension, easy and damaging. On the very tip of cl.D(1), you can stick to cl.C(1) or just walk up before doing cl.C(2) to keep full damage. Check the specifics tab for details against crouchers. rdp+K to cl.C is a 7f link. 67%.
No problem with this combo in the corner but if the opponent is crouching midscreen, only cl.D(1), f+B, air qcf hcb+AC is guaranteed to connect on everyone ... except crouching Bao, naturally. If you try something else, the SDM could whiff, 3 bars lost and you're left open for a punish.
- The crouchers you can use cl.D(2), cl.C(1) and cr.C on are :
Maxima, Hinako, Daimon, Whip, Foxy, Beni, Joe, Athena, Kensou, Vanessa, Leona, Yashiro, Shermie, Kula, Foxy, Kim, Choi, Jhun, Yama, Mary, Heidern, Takuma, May Lee, King, Kasumi
- The crouchers you can use everything on, cl.C(2) included, are :
Chang, Robert, Seth, Ramon, Lin, Billy, Ex Takuma, Chin, Xiangfei, Mai
Aside from Ex Takuma, Ex chars behave the same as their regular form.
★ cr.C, BC run, cl.D(1), rdp+K, d~u+C, (C) b~f+D > f+D(2) (SC) air qcf hcb+AC, Explode (demo)
- Excellent damage but not much of a confirm so best after a jump-in. You have to do everything very fast or you'll lose the extra damage from Explode. You can add a cr.A or cl.D(1) after rdp+K. Do the charge cancel as db, ub+C, (C) f+D(2). 76%.
- cl.D(1), rdp+K, cr.C, BC run, cl.D(1), d~u+C, (C) b~f+D > f+D(2) (SC) air qcf hcb+AC
- Does less than the 2 bar version because the explosion is lost, use the DM instead of the SDM. 70%.
- cl.D(1), rdp+K, cl.D(1), (u,d)x3+BD, cr.C, qcf hcb+BD
- Do the install as rdp+K, (u,d)x2, cl.D, u,d+BD and the cancel as qcf, cr.C, qcb+BD. Install into cr.C is a 5f link, you can replace cr.C by cl.C for damage or cl.D for an easier cancel but then it becomes respectively a 1 or a 2f link. Don't use this, it just looks cool. 70%.
- Orochi mode, cr.Bx2~3, d~u+BC (SC) qcb hcf+BD
- You'd do it as cr.Bx2~3, qcb, ub+BC(1), (SC) qcf+BD. Does barely more than the 2 bar, don't use this. 52%.
★ cr.Bx2~3, d~u+BC, (C) b~f+D > f+D(2) (SC) air qcf hcb+AC (demo)
- Only reliable low max conversion. Charge d or db during the chain then ub+BC, (C) f+D(2). 61%.
Check Leona Heidern's frame data
Discuss at 02UM Discord server
Discuss at Dream Cancel