The King of Fighters '98 UMFE/Terry Bogard
Grasping Upper - b/f + C (close)
- Terry grabs the opponent then does a left hook punching them in the face.
- Can be broken, regular knockdown.
Buster Throw - b/f + D (close)
- Terry grabs the opponent then flips them over his shoulder and onto the ground, because it causes a reverse knockdown it can be used to set-up a meaty jump-in afterward whether it's middle screen or to the corner.
- Can be broken, reverse knockdown.
Back Knuckle - f + A
- Terry swings his arm forward hitting the opponent twice. A good command normal for Terry but it only gets most of it's use when you want to combo into one of his DM's, most of his special attacks aren't fast enough unless you bypassing using the strong normal to combo into it.
- Free Cancel-able (2nd hit only)
- Combos into: Power Charge~Rising Tackle
Rising Upper - df + C
- Terry does a quick left hook hitting the opponent in the face. Another useful command,comes out very quick so you have to be fast if you want to cancel, light Burn Knuckle in most cases is the best option as it's fast and relatively safe.
- Free Cancel-able but only if canceled into
- Combos into: light Burn Knuckle/Power Wave/Crack Shoot etc
Power Wave - qcf+A/C
- Terry punches the ground sending an energy wave across the screen. Power Wave is great for ground and (in some instances) air control, the wave goes a good distance in terms of vertical range so it can be a reliable anti-air on opponents that like to jump-in but the timing is crucial. If you use either version at a distance to hit you opponent they'll get stunned instead of knocked down.
- Builds good meter, even more so when it hits.
- Projectile Counter/AA Attack
Burning Knuckle - qcb+A/C
- Terry does a quick pose then charge punches towards the opponent, Terry's most basic combo finish when he doesn't have any meter to spend. The most noticeable differences is that the weak version goes about 40% of the screen while the strong variant goes full, neither are safe on block unless spaced to a T, can be used as a make-shift anti-air or to defeat moves with a slow start-up/no priority.
- Strong Battery Attack
Crack Shoot - qcb+B/D
- Terry does a one leg flip with his right leg swinging down to hit the opponent on the head. Despite the look of this attack it is not an overhead and your opponent can guard it if then crouch. It can still be used as a combo finisher just like power wave but the difference here it doesn't knockdown and only the weak version is practical because of it's fast start-up. It has surprisingly good vertical range so it can beat out an aerial opponent if they attempt a jump.X.
- Good vertical range
Rising Tackle - dp+A/C
- Terry does a flurry of rising kicks launching his opponent into the air, Terry's one and only dp. This move is strong and has great priority, has a few good combo options but can also be used to anti-air opponents on a whim. If you catch them in the corner combo into Power Charge then add the Rising Tackle for extra damage.
Power Dunk - dp + B/D
Power Charge hcf + B/D
Power Geyser - qcb,db,f + A/C
High Angle Geyser - qcf X 2 + B/D